The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Olli Jokinen to test FA

can't blame Jokinen from moving on - had a great year last year, pulled a groin (I believe it was) and played through it for the last month+ because the Flames were hopelessly shallow up the middle - all Calgary did (including Feaster who called out his veterans) was complain that he, Kipper and Iggy didn't piggyback them into the playoffs. Good move Jokinen - they'll miss you once you're gone.

To be honest, comparing Jokinen at $3M to Malhotra at $2.5M, I say Jokinen was a pretty good deal on his last contract. Obviously the two played very different roles, but still.

He should garner some free agency interest, and doesn't seem like he is the type to look for a big payday.

can't blame Jokinen from moving on - had a great year last year, pulled a groin (I believe it was) and played through it for the last month+ because the Flames were hopelessly shallow up the middle - all Calgary did (including Feaster who called out his veterans) was complain that he, Kipper and Iggy didn't piggyback them into the playoffs. Good move Jokinen - they'll miss you once you're gone.

Archived