The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] - Florida puts Santorelli, Bradley on waivers

elvis15

That's what we did to Schaeffer last year. It's a last chance waivers where if no one picks him up, he'd be released from his contract. He wouldn't have to report to the AHL like with regular waivers but could then go play overseas or wherever.

Good question, one year left on his current deal at $1.6M and he'll be an RFA after. Last season had only 11 points in 60 games but 41 in 82 the year before.

Perhaps they just don't see him fitting in with Matthias already in their roster, and Bjugstad getting ready to come in. They'll also have Huberdeau coming in to challenge for a spot with Goc behind Weiss so perhaps just too many players for so many positions? I'm surprised they wouldn't give him training camp at least, but maybe they want to give him a chance elsewhere.

Honestly, I think Florida has been trying to tank like Edmonton was doing for several years.

EIther that or they can't spot an offensive talent at all (and I don't believe the latter).

Watch Santorelli get picked up by some team starving on offence (i.e. Calgary) and he'll have a breakout season much like Grabner did.

Honestly, I think Florida has been trying to tank like Edmonton was doing for several years.

EIther that or they can't spot an offensive talent at all (and I don't believe the latter).

Watch Santorelli get picked up by some team starving on offence (i.e. Calgary) and he'll have a breakout season much like Grabner did.

At $1.6 M, he doesn't sound like a bad investment at all. We have more than enough forwards as it is, but we could she some more dead weight still. And even if I like Higgins, I could see him being a part of some deal during the summer.

At $1.6 M, he doesn't sound like a bad investment at all. We have more than enough forwards as it is, but we could she some more dead weight still. And even if I like Higgins, I could see him being a part of some deal during the summer.

Archived