The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When brodeur retires

The new jersey devils will be looking for a starting goalie. my prposal is

To Van: Adam Larsson

To NJ: Cory Shneider and maybe some draft picks

The canucks lose schneids but still have luongo, the devils get there goalie. Larsson will eventualy be a great defenseman.

Sign Justin Schultz to a two year entry level contract. Then resign salo.

bieksa-hamhuis

eddler-schultz

Larsson-salo

Alberts

Amazing defense. Schultz and larsson will continue to develop and get better.

NJ loves Larsson, and if we do get Schultz there's no point in overpaying in a deal that includes Schneider to get a high potential, right handed D. We still have Bieksa, Tanev and expect Salo back this year and with Schultz we'd be running out of room to give him the minutes he'd warrant.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him, especially if Bieksa had only a couple of years left. Bieksa's signed for the next 4 seasons with an NTC and we don't need another $4M+ defender on our 3rd pairing so he'll be top 4 in our lineup for the next few years. Larsson won't take a backseat for that long.

I'd love to see this:

Hamhuis Larsson

Edler Schultz

Connauton Tanev

Sauve/Polasek/Price/McNally/etc

So as we pretty much know, Schneider is staying here. I don't quite like the deal because I feel like we're not getting enough in return, if we added the rights to Parise (rights aren't worth too much) and Travis Zajac, this wouldn't make sense though. We could offer Luongo, but it would need to be done this year, as there is no point for the Canucks to be spending almost 10 million dollars for a goalie tandem next season. The Devils will not be looking for a goalie until next year, they'll be looking for guys like Jonathan Bernier, Josh Harding or other young goalies with a lot of promise, as well as a solid veteran goalie to also replace Hedberg, such as Theodore or Biron. Thanks for the proposal though.

Archived