The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) LA - Chicago

I'm not sure where Hjlarmarsson would fit in LA's defence considering how good they were in the playoffs. I guess he could be insurance for when Mitchell finally gives it up, but he doesn't play that same shutdown role. Perhaps they'd ask for someone more like Dylan Olson (and a better pick/another prospect), even if Chicago wants to move Hjlarmarsson.

I can see why Bernier would be welcome in Chicago though, and the value is pretty close.

Do you see how much more realistic your proposals are when they aren't 5 pieces for 2 or 3, or one of 3 or 4 deals you make in the same proposal?

I'm not sure where Hjlarmarsson would fit in LA's defence considering how good they were in the playoffs. I guess he could be insurance for when Mitchell finally gives it up, but he doesn't play that same shutdown role. Perhaps they'd ask for someone more like Dylan Olson (and a better pick/another prospect), even if Chicago wants to move Hjlarmarsson.

I can see why Bernier would be welcome in Chicago though, and the value is pretty close.

Do you see how much more realistic your proposals are when they aren't 5 pieces for 2 or 3, or one of 3 or 4 deals you make in the same proposal?

I don't know how much Chicago would really be pursuing Bernier to be honest/

He isn't a proven starter yet, if I were them I would rather rely on Crawford. I think Bernier is still a few seasons away from being a capable starter.

Of course moving Hjalmarsson gives them some much needed cap relief, and there is still hope Bernier could be a solid starter.

Archived