The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Summer Summit

Grabnerz

You mean other than the announcement of Cory Schneider's contract extension? ;)

I watched online and it looked really interesting. They were letting people of all ages ask Jensen and Gaunce plus MG, Victor De Bonis, and Stan Smyl some questions.

Watching the prospects it just kind of donned on me about how much Gaunce's life has changed in a week. A week ago he didn't know when he was going to be drafted or by what team. And now a week later he's answering questions about the future of an NHL franchise and basically getting ready for when the torch is passed to him. Pretty big responsibility to be a 1st rounder in the NHL. But both he and Jensen handled it great

They gave out some great prizes at the end - 3 jerseys, some pictures and stuff, and the grand prize: Lunch with Alex Burrows (OMG I want that!)

The strombone question was great :lol: It was cool to see Gillis actually give a response, I thought he'd just 'no comment' it.

For those who didn't watch, a fan asked Gillis if he could confirm/deny if @strombone1 was legit. Gillis said he couldn't confirm but that he still thinks the twitter is very witty (which made me :shock: - maybe MG is on twitter afterall...)

The strombone question was great :lol: It was cool to see Gillis actually give a response, I thought he'd just 'no comment' it.

For those who didn't watch, a fan asked Gillis if he could confirm/deny if @strombone1 was legit. Gillis said he couldn't confirm but that he still thinks the twitter is very witty (which made me :shock: - maybe MG is on twitter afterall...)

I hadn't gone in a few years but decided to go. The all you can eat hog dogs, chips and pop weren't bad but the event itself was pretty lame. The Q & A was supposed to be from 6:00 to 7:30 but ended well before 7:00pm. It was the usual:

"Hey Mike, do you have interest in Shane Doan?"

MG: "I can't talk about players under contract with other teams?"

Next....

"Hey Mike, would you like Rich Nash on the Canucks?"

:picard:

The telling of the Schneider trade was cool. I was one of the first ones apparently to tweet it - haha.

The prizes drawn were good.....if you won

Archived