The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Brodeur to test Free Agency

All this has to do with New Jerseys poor economics, they're in a tough posistion.

They will probably try to re-sign Parise before they will try to re-sign Brodeur, considering Brodeur is at age 40. Even though Brodeur is the best goalie of all-time, Parise is the future.

I hope they will re-sign both, even if Parise in a Nucks jersey is a wet-dream. If Parise re-sign, Brodeur might re-sign too.

the only reason i'd ever want to see Brodeur not in a NJD uniform is if he signed with the Canadiens. but I cant see that happening, so i hope to god this isn't true. that would be like Lidstrom deciding to test free agency instead of retiring.

It doesn't effect Luongo's trade value - it may effect the timing, but all it does if Brodeur decides to leave NJ is create another market where a goaltender is in demand - whether that is Luongo or not, the market remains the same - for example if Toronto had their sights set on Bernier, they may now have to compete with NJ in addition, and the loser remains on the market - there simply aren't any extra starting goaltenders falling out of the sky.

Brodeur wants to win, not be tortured Ron Maclean and lose until he retires. There is absolutely zero chance he goes there. He stated how he wanted to retire when the devils sucked and got Larssom. But had the time of his life winning this season. I could see him going to a team that has a chance like Tampa, Detroit, Chicago.

It just don't feel right that he would leave anymore. What a cinderella story it would have been (could be still) to win all that he has, and all with the one and only team. Reminds me of what a poor decision Mats Sundin made when leaving Toronto for a half season with Vancouver.

Tampa - ok, but Florida? Tampa is a good goalie and a good d-man away from being a serious threat. Florida, as much as I like the team, did over-perform last year. They are a 8-10th spot team at best next year imo...

It just don't feel right that he would leave anymore. What a cinderella story it would have been (could be still) to win all that he has, and all with the one and only team. Reminds me of what a poor decision Mats Sundin made when leaving Toronto for a half season with Vancouver.

Archived