The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Eaves on Team 1040

CoreyPerry

The best fit for him playing time wise however is Edmonton. Do you join the team your a huge fan of to play a less role than you feel you can provide ? or do you go to a team where you can play and be a contributor....?

I don't agree that Edmonton gives him the best shot to increase his value.

If he's as good as everyone thinks, I don't think he would have a problem beating out Tanev (no shot), or a 38 year old Salo (who they probably want to use sparingly anyways)

Top 4 minutes in Vancouver>>>Top 4 minutes in Edmonton. Only difference is he has to earn it here. And if he's made it this far, I don't think he should have a problem with that.

So he's a 'massive Canucks fan', we're contenders with a great core, he'd be surrounded by people that could mentor him and I think he should sign here.. But seriously like Playboi19 said, 'Playoffs + Playing on your favorite team > No Playoffs + Losing + More Icetime.' Couldn't agree more!

I think Canucks have more to offer on the mentorship side of things. Although he may be NHL ready it does not mean he couldn't benefit from the collective experience of Hammer, Juice, Salo and Edler. Who does Edmonton have that can compare to that? He may well go their and crash and burn, in Van he can truly develop his game and weather out any small storms that may come to pass.

So he's a 'massive Canucks fan', we're contenders with a great core, he'd be surrounded by people that could mentor him and I think he should sign here.. But seriously like Playboi19 said, 'Playoffs + Playing on your favorite team > No Playoffs + Losing + More Icetime.' Couldn't agree more!

It all depends on if he wants to be given ice time or actually have to earn it.

If he wants the easy route, Edmonton is the obvious choice. He'll get all the minutes he can handle. If he's willing to be pushed to his limits and earn ever minute with one of the most offensive defenses in the league, it's gotta be Vancouver.

i think his choice, will speak volumes about his character.....edmonton can offer him top 4 minutes, on the canucks though, he needs to earn his playing time.....if he is as good as everyone says and he believes, he should be able to grab some premier ice time....he has to walk the walk.....we all hope he signs here.

My opinion on Justin Schultz changes whenever I hear anything about him. At this point, I really don't care where this kid signs, I'll be glad if it is with the Canucks but it is a 22 year old with 0 NHL games played. I would be fuming if I was an Anaheim fan.

Have fun in Edmonton, Toronto, New York, Philadelphia, Detroit, Vancouver or wherever you go kid.

If he chooses Edmonton because of guaranteed top 4 role or something, they can have him. If we gave him that without it being earned, it wouldn't say much about someone like Edler or Bieksa who had to work to get there. I'm sure he could slot in there, but he should earn it like everybody else. If he's as good as everybody says, that shouldn't be a problem.

Archived