The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sending Loungo to the Wolves

Knucklehd

Wow! I find it quite amazing how most of you have unleashed against the OP, no holds barred on these forums apparently.

I thought it was an interesting question, I dont know how that scenario would work out exactly but it's probably something the organization would never consider anyway.

Maybe if some of the posters on here retracted their claws for a moment or two they could come up with the answer, I'd do the research but I've had a long night.

The way it look right now ''Le Canadien de Montréal'' will not even send Scott Gomez to Hamilton and here we are talking of 53 points(9goals) in his last 125 games(including playoffs) with a cap hit of 7,357m$, so never we will send down a player who still perform on a regular basis. Like other said it wouldn't be good for our reputation.

In case we are waiving him(would never happen) there is a period of 24 hours where all other teams can claim, the team with the worst ranking would get him and we will receive nothing for him. Let say we are sending him down and nobody claim him, he would play for the Wolves and his cap hit wouldnt count against our cap. Worst case scenario, after a month we realise Schneider can't play well on a regular basis or even worst he get injured, by now Lack would have been his backup in the NHL, but of course he isn't ready to be a temporary #1 in the NHL so we could cal back Luongo, but he would have to go through the waiver process again, BUT when a player is on the comeback waiving process all other team can claim him for half of his cap hit and we would be stock with half of the Luongo's cap hit, we would have lost him for nothing and our goalie in the NHL would be Lack and Cannata.

This is how good GM think they always have in mind the worst scenario, that's why it would never happen. If Luongo isn't traded before the beginning of the season he will be in the Canucks uniform and he will play at least half of the game. Why he would play ''that much'' games, because less games he play more his value will decrease.

Wow! I find it quite amazing how most of you have unleashed against the OP, no holds barred on these forums apparently.

I thought it was an interesting question, I dont know how that scenario would work out exactly but it's probably something the organization would never consider anyway.

Maybe if some of the posters on here retracted their claws for a moment or two they could come up with the answer, I'd do the research but I've had a long night.

The way it look right now ''Le Canadien de Montréal'' will not even send Scott Gomez to Hamilton and here we are talking of 53 points(9goals) in his last 125 games(including playoffs) with a cap hit of 7,357m$, so never we will send down a player who still perform on a regular basis. Like other said it wouldn't be good for our reputation.

LUONGO HAS A NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE.

If a player has a no-movement clause, the player cannot be traded, waived, or sent down to the minors without that player's approval. In both cases, however, a player is not protected from being bought out by the player's current team.

I'd rather not hand someone an elite goalie for 2.6 million year cap hit and handcuff ourselves to pay the other half for another 10 yrs.. Could u Imagin the look on burkes face when he finds out he can not only get his man for nothing but only pay half his salary.

Pretty sure Lu would have to agree to the waive anyways

What happens if the Canucks start the season with both Loungo and Schneider and end up sending Loungo to the wolves to free up cap space. How does that work?? Aren't there waivers or anything like that? I know he has a NTC and not a NMC which from what I understand makes this completely possible. Can anyone shed some light on the realities of this scenario? Thx

LUONGO HAS A NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE.

If a player has a no-movement clause, the player cannot be traded, waived, or sent down to the minors without that player's approval. In both cases, however, a player is not protected from being bought out by the player's current team.

Archived