The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sending Loungo to the Wolves

Knucklehd

Wow, maybe two or three intelligent posts in 3 pages and counting. Despite its blasphemous nature the OP asks a very valid question. Let's just say that Lou has told the messiah (MG) that he will ONLY go to FLA and MG can't get anything of value for him because FLA doesn't want any part of Lou and he refuses to go elsewhere. MG could simply wash his hands of Lou by sending him to the Wolves. Problem is he would have to keep him there forever or trade him once he's there (provided Lou has gotten the message by then and waives his NTC) since if he brought him back he would lose him for nothing AND still be on the hook for something like 20 million bucks. Since the entire NHL would know what is going on it is highly unlikely that any team (other than perhaps FLA) would claim him since he would probably refuse to report so the risk is pretty low IMHO. It would definitely be a punitive move but if Lou decides he's going to play hardball then it is the only valid threat/weapon that Gillis has. People who insist that Lou is all team first and selfless make me laugh; his history certainly indicates otherwise.

This thread is another reason why many Vancouver fans can be categorized as a pack of hyenas. Lets send Luongo, the guy who hold most of the Canuck goalie records, took us to game 7 of the SCF, world class goalies to the minors because it's good for the cap hit. Do people know decency around here? Learn to be a human being sometime. Send him to the minors? Do the respectable thing and send him to another team for a draft pick. That's the least the Canucks organization can do. Send him to the minors...I said it once and I'll keep saying it. The Canucks deserve a Stanley Cup, the Canucks fan does not.

Archived