The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Gillis

L'Orange

Gillis:   

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We dont need any free agents, All lines are set

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Booth

Raymond/Jensen Lapierre Hansen

Volpatti Malhotra Kassian

Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Alberts

Ballard Tanev

Sauve/Connauton

Schneider

Luongo

You wont have to overpay because there wont be anyone left. There were a couple forwards of interest for this team I would say and we passed on them. It's a little disheartening for the faithful to see that. As much as I hate that piece of trash Tootoo, no doubt he would have made our fourth line that much better.

So many teams in the league are very busy today. However the Canucks are not one of them.

Deals like Carkner, Parros, Burish, Parenteau, and Tootoo are now gone to other teams.

Even worse, Sami Salo, a Canuck for over ten years has been signed in Tampa.

This makes me think that Gillis may have something larger up his sleeve. Possibly a play for one of the big free agents. Even so it would have been a great idea to shore up size issues with Carkner and Parros.

The Canucks are a good team. By no means great. The need for grit and toughness could have been answered for cheap today, but wasn't.

Hopefully Gillis has something up his sleeve. Otherwise if he expects to get anywhere near the post season with the team from last year, minus Salo, he's truly stupid.

The Canucks, the way they are now, are average, and without any major shake-up will be doing a slow parade towards mediocrity in this league.

They were lucky to get the President's Trophy playing in what was the weakest division in the league. After today it will be much harder to do such things.

If we go into October with the same group, I hope Gillis is canned

the only thing I don't understand is we haven't heard anything for what direction the Canucks are taking. We have no idea who they are targetting except who Baranka? TSN/SN havent even mentioned the Canucks for any possible signings or anything. That place is so quiet its kind of odd.

My feeling is he wants the home run contract boys to weed themselves out at a higher return and let the hungry men find roster spots on a team committed to winning. Risky , but since there could be a lockout lOoming... Not so crazy

I'm not holding my breath, but I think something bigger may be in the works. But equally, in the next 2-3-4 days, all the bigger UFA's are going to be gone and I don't know what we'd do trading wise to acquire people to help us. Trying not to jump the gun yet, but this is a little daunting..

We dont need any free agents, All lines are set

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Booth

Raymond/Jensen Lapierre Hansen

Volpatti Malhotra Kassian

Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Alberts

Ballard Tanev

Sauve/Connauton

Schneider

Luongo