The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Gillis

L'Orange

Gillis:   

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You simply don't know what will happen. And thus far we have done just fine. I think the Hodgson deal caused a few problems, but I also really feel that now Gillis is determined to get back on track. If you don't think he's working his ass off right now, you haven't got a clue. We just need to catch a break and it's only a matter of time. Hasn't Gillis said before he doesn't like overpaying for free agents? I still stand by what he said because I don't like it either.

The guys I want the most are not yet signed - I don't buy the 6.5 Garrison rumours, Doan won't be signed for over a week, and I am happy for Sami that he got term, money and minutes the Canucks couldn't offer him.

We don't know what is coming in a Luongo deal.

Our current roster is a contending roster, with improving players and incoming assets.

All the remaining possibilities and cap space are not such saddening things.

past-their-prime vets and plugs without much to offer are falling like trees to teams that need that depth. However do you see that Vancouver needs depth acquisitions, and at those prices? Quality over quantity amigo.

Look-- Doan, Parise, Suter, Carle, Garrison, heck even Semin, Jagr, Kubina, Huselius, Colaiacovo, Arnott... not signed yet!

So many teams in the league are very busy today. However the Canucks are not one of them.

Deals like Carkner, Parros, Burish, Parenteau, and Tootoo are now gone

All of the top free agents are still there. Theoretically, we could still make a splash with Suter, Parise, Semin, Doan, Garrison or Carle. However, I think Gillis knows what he's doing. He isn't going to break the bank to get a greedy player who puts himself before the team. He has Luongo and once Brodeur has been signed and teams like Toronto are realising that their Reimers aren't good enough, he'll get the return we're looking for.

GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON GARRISON

Archived