The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jason Garrison

You seemed to imply you want Luongo gone.

Personally, I don't care if the situation has been fixed by now. I'd rather have the Canucks improve the right way. I don't want a trade to be forced just because some other fans want a trade to be forced.

So yes, I see a problem. No one here seems to be patient. Everyone wants their cotton candy before it comes out of the machine.For cotton candy to be made it needs to be made the right way. You don't want some ingredient that should be there not be there. The same thing happens with a trade.

It's mid August. There may be a lockout. The season hasn't started. Patience is a virtue.

I don't want the trade to be forced either. Me being impatient will have no effect what-so-ever on what Gillis will do with Luongo anyway. I was wishing for a proper trade to have happened by now especially since there were articles suggesting Florida was very interested. It's disappointing, however, that talk seems to be stalled for whatever reason it is.

Unless something happens this summer - signing or trades - we will have no choice but to hope for the best and play with what we have here. Hopefully Tanev is NHL ready now and Kesler can score 70+ points again. Also we should hope Garrison doesn't pull Ballard on us and Booth to start playing like he is expected to.

Be patient if you want. I wasn't even being that impatient anyway but what you think and what I think will have no effect on how Canucks will look like come this October.

And I'm glad Gillis doesn't let us affect things like that. Can you imagine if that were the case? lol

In all honesty, I like what we have now and would be fully content with starting with it. Kesler was playing through an injury still last year and his debut was premature. Garrison is actually from Vancouver whereas Ballard was from the states. Take it for what it is but I believe it makes a big difference as to what he will expect in comparison to Ballard (not to mention Ballard already had a reputation before coming here. Check out his hit on his own goalie).

There are always articles suggesting certain trades will happen. One thing I've noticed is Gillis doesn't usually do what those articles say so I've given up reading them expecting anything to come true.

Archived