The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What A Good Sign

Drew1

Hey guys apperentley Jason Garrison took less money to come here, Bob Mckenzie said he was offered dennis Wideman money but he really wanted to come here , anytime a signing is not money driven , its always the best , plus he said himself money isnt everything , he said it about the right situation to win and play with the right guys, He sounds like a perfect Canuck :)

Hey guys apperentley Jason Garrison took less money to come here, Bob Mckenzie said he was offered dennis Wideman money but he really wanted to come here , anytime a signing is not money driven , its always the best , plus he said himself money isnt everything , he said it about the right situation to win and play with the right guys, He sounds like a perfect Canuck :)

I look forward to this young guy playing shows good character to be where you want to be rather then be where the money is even though this guy is still raking in millions to play for our team. I like this guy and hope he does well for us.

He's not the perfect solution. He's probably the best of a bad situation when you consider the options MG had out there. I'm sure the Canucks would have liked to get a guy that shoots right (we've got 5 lefties in our top 6 now I think), and we already had an abundance of *offensive* defensemen. We sure could have used another guy like Hamhuis whose game is built around being rock solid in his own end. All things considered though, this definately makes the team better than it was after Salo left.

With Salo and Rome gone and only Kevin and Yann ready to step in something had to give.

$4.6 million dollars for six years is payment enough for playing a game.

We throw around 'millions of dollars' like we all own mansions on the hill.

Archived