The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Alexander Radulov to CSKA Moscow, KHL. 4 Year-Deal.

According to CSKA Moscow's official team site, they have signed Alexander Radulov to a 4-year contract rumored to be worth as much as $9 million per season. This is GM Sergei Fedorov's first move as general manager of the club.

Alexander Radulov became an RFA on July 1st, though he is still property of the Nashville Predators. The Preds submitted a qualifying offer to keep his rights.

http://twitter.com/c...767176524070912

Nick Cotsonika@cotsonika

Hear Radulov is getting as much as $9 million -- net -- to play in the KHL. What would a guy like Malkin get if he ever played there?

5:19 AM - 2 Jul 12 via web · Details

"Oh, I'll just say screw it to this contract and go make more money in the KHL." "Oh snap, my NHL team I'm still technically under contract with has a legit shot at winning the cup? I'm coming back!" "Aww man they benched me for not being professional and staying out too late, time to go back to the KHL and make more money again."

And thus ended the epic tale of Alexander Radulov in the NHL. What a jerk.

Good. That's where he belongs. No heart, no character. Dude's a joke. Fricken in the PLAYOFFS and the dude stays out tell at least 4 in the morning the night before a game. That really tells you something. The Preds had a good team with a shot at winning the Cup (something every kid dreams of) and yet he doesn't care.

GTFO Radulov.

Good. That's where he belongs. No heart, no character. Dude's a joke. Fricken in the PLAYOFFS and the dude stays out tell at least 4 in the morning the night before a game. That really tells you something. The Preds had a good team with a shot at winning the Cup (something every kid dreams of) and yet he doesn't care.

GTFO Radulov.

Skilled player, but he has now tried and retried to adjust and adapt to the routines of NHL franchises. And understands that it's not for him and the NHL recognizes he is not for them. Good luck!

PS

I doubt the KHL automatically likes to have NHl outcasts / difficulties or bad characteristics in their locker room just because they're in Russia. It's probably isn't / not meant to be a Zoo there either...

It's funny, there have been Canadian players do the same thing (Don Cherry even talked about it happening and how it was dealt with, NOT suspending the players). He tied for the lead in scoring on Nashville in the playoffs (in less games), I don't give a ratsass if he stayed out late as long as he contributed on the ice.

Regardless, with an offer of 9 million a year (which because of the taxes, is significantly more valuable than 9 million here) he's making the best financial decision for himself.

Archived