The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund] Panthers OUT ON LUONGO + Dreger slams Eklund Roflcopter

where you hear this?? wouldnt be suprised tho. they have clemmonson, thedore and markstrom.. gillis is stupid and is asking to much in return. its more about getting rid of the 10 year 5.5 mil cap hit then it is who you get back,, as long as it isnt komiserik or jovo type player coming back.. schenn for lou woulda been nice.. i still think he will go to toronto but i feel like gillis is losing his trading partners by waiting so long.. cant have lou here in oct thats for sure.

More to come. editing post

One of either SamJam99 or Eklund is right. While I was looking for sources, turns out that Ek is stating panthers are OUT on Lou, and SamJam99 simultaneously stating the deal is CONFIRMED done!

So lets see...

Edit: and now twitter is all ablaze with the SamJam tweet.

Here is the answer from Tallon to the question "Are you satisfied with your goaltending as is, or are you still trying to improve it?":

"No, our goaltending was a real strong suit of ours last year. And of course we have Jacob Markstrom…along with Clem and José…they really combined, all 3 of them, and did a nice job for us. And got us into the playoffs, and got us a division win…(so I don't see you know, how…uhh) All 3 of them work well together. They were solid for us last year. It wasn't an issue for us, goaltending."

I think this is the case and the Luongo situation is over for Panthers.

Archived