The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Matt Carle & Pavel Kubina

Hi.

Matt Carle and Pavel Kubina clicked when they were paired together after the trade deadline last season.

They worked well as a 3rd pairing before Kubina got injured.

If we managed to trade Ballard, then sign Carle, AND THEN sign Kubina for cheap, would it make sense?

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Carle Kubina/Tanev

Alberts

?

What do you think?

What would we be able to get for forwards? Luongo would have to get traded for some, that's for sure. We would likely need to sign both to longer term contracts (two for Kubina, four for Carle) and I'm not sure I'd want that with Edler becoming a free agent next season.

Definitely. I know Carle will get lots of $$$. He is also the same age as Garrison.

- Carle plays similar to Brian Campbell, could be a powerplay set up guy for Garrison.

I would try and sign Carle to the same contract as Garrison - 6 years @ $27.6 million.

1st PP Unit

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Carle Garrison

2nd PP Unit

Booth ____ Burrows

Edler Bieksa

The way things are looking right now, there's no way we sign both of them, even if Ballard is gone. Carle will command around 5m, dunno about Kubina, but we can't pull it off. Besides, Carle won't fit in our top 4 unless Bieksa gets traded or something.

let me ask you something would you be okay giving carle 5m a year???....now i know gillis has this 4.6m cap on his blueliners but would you be willing to that high to get him

kubina is getting a little slow for this league

sign carle to a 4.6m/6 years

sign rozsival to a 3m/2 years

to ana: edler, booth, tanev, 1st pick 2012

to van: ryan, lydman

to fla: luongo

to van: bergenheim, goc, 1st pick 2013

dump ballard....

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)

Sean Bergenheim ($2.750m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Marcel Goc ($1.700m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Steve Pinizzotto ($0.600m)

Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Matt Carle ($4.600m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Toni Lydman ($3.000m) / Michal Rozsival ($3.000m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) /

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Eddie Lack ($0.660m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,885,000; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,315,000

obviously you need to add another blueliner and maybe a veteran back up but i think its a pretty solid line up from top to bottom

Carle is going to be 5+ million guaranteed. We're out of that. Kubina might not be a bad option paired with Ballard. He has size, which we need and some offensive ability (despite getting old). Ballard's mobility can offset Kubina's slowness.

Roszival is also out there. I think I'd rather have him. Seems more solid and an all-around player.

Whichever comes cheaper.

Carle is going to be 5+ million guaranteed. We're out of that. Kubina might not be a bad option paired with Ballard. He has size, which we need and some offensive ability (despite getting old). Ballard's mobility can offset Kubina's slowness.

Roszival is also out there. I think I'd rather have him. Seems more solid and an all-around player.

Whichever comes cheaper.

Archived