The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Philadelphia Flyers after Suter and Parise $200M

I knew somebody would grossly overpay them.

8.33 million for a defenseman who's never hit 50 pnts and a forward who's gotten 80+ pnts only twice in his career. It's not hard to figure out why salaries become so badly distorted and unballanced. It's guys like Holmgren and Sather who put the league in trouble all the time.

Suter is becoming increasingly overated as the days pass, and if he ends up in Philadelphia you'll see how bad he actually is. Suter has been playing alongside the best defenceman in the league over the last 2 seasons and in front of the 2nd best goalie in the world in that time span, and Nashville play a tight-checking, close quaters game in which he excels in.

Philadelphia is the complete opposite - he won't have a stud partner, and has one of the leakiest goalies in the league to backstop him when he makes mistakes. Worst of all is that Philly play a much more open-style of game which will expose Suter's vulnerabilities.

Defencemen always have the hardest time adjusting to new teams, just look at guys like Phaneuf, Bouwmeester, Kaberle, Corvo, Ballard etc.

As for Parise, he'd slot perfectly in besides Giroux and would make a pretty deadly first line with Hartnell there as well, but that's really 2 of the same type of player. Their top line needs a sniper like Jagr, not another powerforward.

As for Parise, he'd slot perfectly in besides Giroux and would make a pretty deadly first line with Hartnell there as well, but that's really 2 of the same type of player. Their top line needs a sniper like Jagr, not another power forward.

Seems like to me Holgrem just wants to prevent one or both of them from going to Pittsburg. If either of them do go to Philly within 3 years they will be traded. I can't imagine there is anyone stupid enough to take on Bryzgalov's contract. Honestly it's one of the worst contracts of all time.

Archived