The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Philadelphia Flyers after Suter and Parise $200M

Utterly disgusting.

A continuing example of salaries becoming more ludicrous by the year, causing ticket prices to also rise. In the end, it's us who can no longer afford to go to the games :(

Imagine their team if they got him, Suter, Nash and Ryan?

Nash - Giroux - Parise

Hartnell - Schenn - Ryan

Simmonds - Talbot - E. Wellwood

Rinaldo - Betts - Sestito

Suter - Schenn

Pronger (if he comes back) - Timonen

Grossman - Coburn

Bryzgalov

Leighton

I'm not even sure if that's cap friendly. The players I left out are the one's they would have to trade to acquire Nash and Ryan.

This is getting so out of control...

I'd feel bad taking $100M knowing that all the money I get comes from so many not-so-rich fans who use up their last money to see games at a ridiculous price that goes up all the time. Easy for me to say, but I'd never take so much cash, no matter how good I'd be... There seriously needs to be a limit to contract lengths (5-6 years) and a reasonable upper limit for contract value for a player. Something that could vary a few percent here or there depending on like production, ice time, age and commitment to the same organization i.e if it's a re-signing. Contract length max could spice up the summer free agency and also trade markets during the season. This again should take down ticket prices and help get more viewers.

And not handicap those teams with real bad management so much, Garth Snow.

I think Philly could actually make it work, even with both of them. Even if they only get one, it's still good.. Smart move by them, now that is some bold GM'ing going on there. :shock:

I could then see them packeging the Schenn brothers for Rick Nash. They would prob even throw in 2 first round picks.

Those kinds of moves would pretty much make them a dominant team for years to come..

Wow. This is a lot of money to chuck around. I think Suter is an very good defenseman with uncanny instincts for timing and positioning. But I do not believe him to be worth 100 mil bucks. It would have to be an 17 year contract .

I believe Parise to be a great player but again do not believe him to be a 100mil dollar player unless its over 15 years.

I do not believe either of these two players to sell tickets or carry a team outright on their own, and therefore I would limit their pay to be more in line with star players rather than generational superstars.

I think Philly could actually make it work, even with both of them. Even if they only get one, it's still good.. Smart move by them, now that is some bold GM'ing going on there. :shock:

I could then see them packeging the Schenn brothers for Rick Nash. They would prob even throw in 2 first round picks.

Those kinds of moves would pretty much make them a dominant team for years to come..

Neither of these players is worth a 12 year contract, or $100 million... I smell a lockout coming sooner rather than later. I'm hoping to see something like an 8 year $80 million dollar cap on a single contract, with a soft cap + luxury tax for each team.

Neither of these players is worth a 12 year contract, or $100 million... I smell a lockout coming sooner rather than later. I'm hoping to see something like an 8 year $80 million dollar cap on a single contract, with a soft cap + luxury tax for each team.

Archived