The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guys left that we should go after (not much left)

We're still small and lost out on some grit and size.

We should of gone after Tootoo and Konopka. That would of added size and grit.

The guys that are left that I would love to get are,

Kostopoulos(reminds me of Thorton) a great 4th liner that can play hockey.

Arnott (at around a mill) he can try to get a cup (only if we don't get Doan) a big guy with leadership.

Brule for a mill (local guy who could turn out to be a gem back home)

Eric Fehr big body who was a 1st round pick. He could turn out to be a bigger version of Higgins.

Milan Jurcina a big d guy. Chara size like. Not sure if he's slow or not but he has played for the useless Islanders and Blue Jackets last few years. Might be worth a look.

Mike Commodore a battler and great character guy to have.

IMO, The Canucks just need a veteran forward that has scoring ability. I'm all in for Doan or Arnott. You need these guys.

Jurcina can't skate. He's basically a tree stump, doesn't really move. Just a big guy. Useless. No point of getting Brule, when Schroeder and Ebett are already on the team. Team wants to be bigger, not smaller.

Better off getting someone through trade.

Here's mine

1. Shane Doan: Not much description needed.

2. Peter Mueller: Big body, good offensive/playmaking ability, he's been hampered by injury but showed great play at times, could be a great fit on the 2nd line.

There are others that I might want depending on what we get in return for Lu, or depending on how long that deal takes but those are the main two players I want.

Peter Mueller has all the skill in the world, but I'd rather not sign him. He's lazy, inconsistent and is just coming off a concussion. Team is better off letting Jensen make the team. Let a team who is rebuilding take him, and hope that he works hard. A contending team shouldn't be grabbing projects, unless it's one of their own.

Peter Mueller has all the skill in the world, but I'd rather not sign him. He's lazy, inconsistent and is just coming off a concussion. Team is better off letting Jensen make the team. Let a team who is rebuilding take him, and hope that he works hard. A contending team shouldn't be grabbing projects, unless it's one of their own.

The point to Mueller is he can play center, and then switch to wing when Kesler returns. Jensen is versatile in that he plays both wings but that won't help us while Kesler's still rehabbing.

Schroeder could earn that spot, and Gillis has said he'd like him to play there in Kesler's absence. Ebbett is a short-term option as well, although neither have the upside currently that Mueller can bring for a 2nd line role. He's an interesting option that could go for cheap considering the injury history and could be worth the minimal risk if we don't have to pay too much.

first priority is Luongo trade. This will allow us to fully move on, and tbh its just been dragged on for far too long.

Then depending on the return, acquire a depth dman...Carlo Colaicovo is still unsigned, and he's fairly good when not injured. hits hard.

was making 2m this past year...

or a top 6 forward

I think Peter Mueller needs to be signed no matter what. If he stays healthy, oour top 6 will be deadly

What we need now.

Is a 3rd line center and a 2nd line RW and assuming we part with Luongo, a backup goalie. Lineup basically looks like this

D.Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - _______

Higgins - _______ - Hansen

Malholtra - Lapierre - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev

Alberts

Schneider

Luongo (??)

Available UFA forwards I'd go for:

-Zach Parise (LW) - 2nd line winger

-Brendan Morrison © - 3rd line center

-Peter Mueller (LW/RW) - 2nd line winger

-Kristian Huselius (RW) - 2nd line winger

-Daymond Langkow © - 3rd line center

-Jason Arnott © - 3rd line center

UFA goalies:

*Al Montoya (G)

Alex Auld (G)

*Brent Johnson (G)

*Cristobal Huet (G)

Marty Turco (G)

Curtis Sanford

*Andrew Raycroft

No one likes Kostopoulos and Commodore? We need sand paper. We're still lacking in the toughness department. Look at how big and tough LA was. We deffinetely need to go all in on Doan.

That's also what I liked with Brule, he can hit and he played great for the Giants way back when. Gillis likes to have competition for jobs.

Next years ufa are great.

Getzlaf

Perry

Iginla

Ribiero

Hartnell

Morrow

That's just to name a few. So I guess we don't want to go to crazy so it gives us room for next years potentials.

Doan or Jagr obviouslt I wouldn't be upset with us grabbing Sullivan either. Moore would be a good pickup for the 3rd line centre. If we could grab Knuble for the 4th line/spare part I'd be happy.

If Ballard gets moved to solve one of the forward positions (pure speculation on my part), Rosival or Kubina could be good bottom pairing guys

1. Carlo Colaiacovo Or/And Colin White for major Depth at defense.

2. Shane Doan would be great winger on second line but if we lose out on him, Jason Arnott would be a awesome 3rd center. (6.04, veteran)

3. Then a top 6 winger or center if we lose out on Doan, via trade for Luongo. (Luongo and a pick for Versteeg, Theodore, Prospect*)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Lines :

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Versteeg*

Higgins Arnott* Hansen

Raymond Malhotra Lapierre

~Kassian, Ebbett, Jensen, Pinizzotto, Volpatti~

Bieksa Hamhuis

Garrison Edler

Ballard Colaiacovo*

~Tanev, Alberts~

Schneider

Theodore*

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Kris Versteeg ($3.000m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Jason Arnott ($2.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Mason Raymond ($2.000m) / Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Dale Weise ($0.666m)

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Carlo Colaiacovo ($1.500m)

Chris Tanev ($0.900m) / Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Jose Theodore ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,610,500; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (25-man roster): $589,500

What you guys think?

We're still small and lost out on some grit and size.

We should of gone after Tootoo and Konopka. That would of added size and grit.

The guys that are left that I would love to get are,

Kostopoulos(reminds me of Thorton) a great 4th liner that can play hockey.

Arnott (at around a mill) he can try to get a cup (only if we don't get Doan) a big guy with leadership.

Brule for a mill (local guy who could turn out to be a gem back home)

Eric Fehr big body who was a 1st round pick. He could turn out to be a bigger version of Higgins.

Milan Jurcina a big d guy. Chara size like. Not sure if he's slow or not but he has played for the useless Islanders and Blue Jackets last few years. Might be worth a look.

Mike Commodore a battler and great character guy to have.

1. Carlo Colaiacovo Or/And Colin White for major Depth at defense.

2. Shane Doan would be great winger on second line but if we lose out on him, Jason Arnott would be a awesome 3rd center. (6.04, veteran)

3. Then a top 6 winger or center if we lose out on Doan, via trade for Luongo. (Luongo and a pick for Versteeg, Theodore, Prospect*)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Lines :

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Versteeg*

Higgins Arnott* Hansen

Raymond Malhotra Lapierre

~Kassian, Ebbett, Jensen, Pinizzotto, Volpatti~

Bieksa Hamhuis

Garrison Edler

Ballard Colaiacovo*

~White*,Tanev, Alberts~

Schneider

Theodore*

What you guys think?

I'm not a fan of Versteeg and the 4th line blows. We need a big aggresive fast forechecking 4th line. Raymond cannot play on the 4th. I don`t see Raymond playing here anymore especially if he is not in the top 2 lines. He`ll probably go with Lu. We don`t have one single energy line and I think it`s important to have.

Archived