The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks desperately need a playmaker in top 6

BurnabyJoe

Easier said then done, but Henrik Sedin is really our only true playmaking forward.

Remember last season every time Booth and Hansen played with CoHo, scoring chances we're manufactured.

I worry about our top 6 chemistry as is right now.

I don't understand CDC's obsession over a second line playmaker. Ryan Kesler's playmaking abilities are underrated in these parts.

You don't necessarily need a playmaker on the second line when all of our defenceman are adept at moving the puck. Especially when the Canucks are a transition team that tries to score off the rush.

Peter Mueller, the guy would be perfect. If we pick him up through Free Agency, and trade Higgins and a 2nd to NYR for Dubinsky as well as get Howden out of FLA in a Luongo trade our top 9 could be

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Mueller

Howden-Dubinsky-Hansen

BTW both Dubinsky and Mueller can play Centre + Wing

Peter Mueller, the guy would be perfect. If we pick him up through Free Agency, and trade Higgins and a 2nd to NYR for Dubinsky as well as get Howden out of FLA in a Luongo trade our top 9 could be

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Mueller

Howden-Dubinsky-Hansen

Wouldn't Jagr be good on the 2nd line?

Just as important is the need for a a big, strong stay home D for crease crashers.

Luongo for someone like Byfuglien or Douglas Murray would be nice

Kesler needs to play like he use to: a player who made others around him better.

His play making abilities are overshadowed by his 40 goal performance back in 2011 .

He put up the same point total the season before that, and that was without the Sedin PP.

What do you guys think about Jagr on the second line? Traditionally I would prefer that to go to someone coming up from within the system, but as that may not be possible by the beginning of this season, I think he could be a good fit. He is big, strong, and will be able to get the puck to both Kes and Booth, and finish when he needs to. His leadership, work ethic and experience can go a long way in the room. Look what he was able to bring to Philly, and how the kids like JVR, Schenn, and Couturier looked at him in awe, to how he was able to get guys on the cusp to find another gear like Hartnell, Giroux, Simmonds etc.

With the options available on the FA market, I think this may be our best one. I also think Doan is a good fit, but as long as the team stays in PHX he will stay there as well. Who else is out there with top end skill? Semin perhaps... An unbelievable skill set however his attitude problems are well documented. I do think that there are only a handful of teams that have the systems in place and the culture to bring out the best in a player like Semin, Vancouver being one of them, see players like burrows, kes, lapierre etc. is Semin Worth a shot? we will have to wait and see. Semin will want 5.5+, IF Doan moves, he will want Whitney like numbers in both price and length. It has been stated by Svoboda (Jagr's agent) that Jagr is looking for around 4 for a year...to the right team that may be negotiable as well.

Further moreI feel this hole is only temporary until after Kassian gets a full season of development under his belt then he will be able to step into our top 6 and be a contributing factor. In any case with any of these players GMMG will only offer a one year contract, so CDC, why not Jaromir Jagr?

What do you guys think about Jagr on the second line? Traditionally I would prefer that to go to someone coming up from within the system, but as that may not be possible by the beginning of this season, I think he could be a good fit. He is big, strong, and will be able to get the puck to both Kes and Booth, and finish when he needs to. His leadership, work ethic and experience can go a long way in the room. Look what he was able to bring to Philly, and how the kids like JVR, Schenn, and Couturier looked at him in awe, to how he was able to get guys on the cusp to find another gear like Hartnell, Giroux, Simmonds etc.

With the options available on the FA market, I think this may be our best one. I also think Doan is a good fit, but as long as the team stays in PHX he will stay there as well. Who else is out there with top end skill? Semin perhaps... An unbelievable skill set however his attitude problems are well documented. I do think that there are only a handful of teams that have the systems in place and the culture to bring out the best in a player like Semin, Vancouver being one of them, see players like burrows, kes, lapierre etc. is Semin Worth a shot? we will have to wait and see. Semin will want 5.5+, IF Doan moves, he will want Whitney like numbers in both price and length. It has been stated by Svoboda (Jagr's agent) that Jagr is looking for around 4 for a year...to the right team that may be negotiable as well.

Further moreI feel this hole is only temporary until after Kassian gets a full season of development under his belt then he will be able to step into our top 6 and be a contributing factor. In any case with any of these players GMMG will only offer a one year contract, so CDC, why not Jaromir Jagr?

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Mueller

Howden-Dubinsky-Hansen

Archived