The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do we know if the Canucks are even in on the Parise or Suter sweepstakes?

Italia2006

I'm sorry but the Canucks won't be in on Parise and Suter, and Nash for that matter. These guys are looking to hit the jackpot in terms of cash and security (with the exception of Rick Nash as he has already hit the jackpot).

If the Canucks had the money and needed a big name, i'm sure they would have pitched an offer, but this team is fairly stacked and don't need one of these guys as bad as some other teams.

However, i do think Gillis has something up his sleeve, and a guy like Shea Weber may be in our future in the next year or so.

There's little doubt Parise would fit well here, but the cost would be retarded for what he brings. There are better than him that will be making less. It's these types of contracts that put contract negotiations way out of control. Gross overpayment has to stop.

Neither of those guys make much sense - particularly in the 10 to 12 year, 80 to 100 million range. Crazy contracts and another left sider and left winger are not needed.

The Canucks got the best blueline option in Garrison.

And they'll likely make a push for the best forward option - Doan - a power forward right winger would be the perfect fit here.

Malkin plays second line, Jordan Staal played third. I dont get people bashing the OP for saying second line.

Sometimes its better to disribute the skill across your lines instead of stack one. Besides Keslers line plays almost as much as the Sedin line, and if Parise was there we'd have two deadly lines. Would also take a load off the Sedins and give them a rest.

That being said, I dont want a 100 mill contract, just trying to make a point.

Archived