The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSAL) Keeping Goalies and Adding depth

I have no issues with keeping both Lu and Schneider. I cant let Lu go, I remember what happened to Montreal after Roy left, and how Boston won the cup because they kept Thomas, even though fans wanted him traded the season before. We are lucky to have the best goal-tending duo in the league. even if it does cost us 9 million.

- I think we are better off adding more depth, rather then going after an expensive player like Doan.

-D-Brett Clark....... SHOT BLOCKING 2nd best in the league last year. we havent had a true shot blocker since ryan johnson. shot blocking is huge in the playoffs

-F- Jason Arnott.....Ht: 6-5 Wt: 220--right now we need size, a center and someone with a Stanley cup ring

-F-Peter Mueler........ Gillis always likes a low risk high reward player and i think Mueller fits the bill perfectly.

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / ----Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) /---- Jason Arnott ($2.500...

-Sedins + a player who Uses his size well, especially in the offensive zone, and likes to create space for his linemates = 100 point seasons for all

Peter Mueller ($2.000m) /-- Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / ----Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

-Bur and Kes reunited..... no more booth and kelser together they are to much alike (love to shoot not pass......perfect opportunity for Mueller to come back to form

David Booth ($4.250m) / ---- Chris Higgins ($1.900m) ----Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

-Higgins and Booth have shown some chemistry together, aswell as hansen and higgins together on the forecheck, this line is fast, they can check and they know how to score .....dont worry higgins has played center before

Manny Malhotra ($2.500m)-- Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m)--Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

-Manny takes all the important faceoffs . lappy and Kassian just hit hit hit and hit

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) /------- Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) /----------- Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Brett Clark ($1.300m) /-------------- Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) /-------- Keith Ballard ($4.200m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $70,078,333; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $121,667

Arnott should play 3rd line Centre,

Higgins is a winger

Booth should NOT be put on the 3rd line

It would be VERY awkward to keep both goalies, especially for Schneider because he signed his contract thinking he'll be the guy

I do agree that we should sign Mueller. Clark is an option as well. 9million is too much to have tied up in goal, and if we got Doan, I'd ask for prospects or picks, seeing as most of the holes on our team will have been filled. BTW Mueller also plays centre, as well as wing.

I won't include the package we get from a Lu deal, because the line-up is pretty full already.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Doan

Higgins-Mueller-Hansen

Volpatti-Lapierre-Kass/Manny

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Clark-Tanev

Schneider

Lack/ ?

Arnott should play 3rd line Centre, he would be way more dangerous with the sedins especially on the pp

Higgins is a winger no Higgins is a forward who started his career as a center

Booth should NOT be put on the 3rd line why not that shows team depth we need to role all 4 lines

It would be VERY awkward to keep both goalies, especially for Schneider because he signed his contract thinking he'll be the guy

I do agree that we should sign Mueller. Clark is an option as well. 9million is too much to have tied up in goal, and if we got Doan, I'd ask for prospects or picks, seeing as most of the holes on our team will have been filled. BTW Mueller also plays centre, as well as wing.

I won't include the package we get from a Lu deal, because the line-up is pretty full already.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Doan

Higgins-Mueller-Hansen

Volpatti-Lapierre-Kass/Manny

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Clark-Tanev

Schneider

Lack/ ?

Nice I love Al Capone and I am a Warrior. I feel so like William Wallace minus the Claymore of course. No way we keep both Goalies. The reason it was easy to keep Rask and Thomas is because Rask was signed at 900,000 and now that he is at 3.5 million Tim Thomas is not playing for Boston! All I ask it that people think before they type. Use that frontal lobe its a beauty.

I dont have Arnott as the 3rd line center because I think he is the perfect player to play with the Sedins. Hrs a huge net presence that opens up ice for the Sedins. He has hands too. Arnott will not let anyone come close to the Sedins after the whistle, hes a big boy that has gained a lot of respect over the last 18 years.

Nice I love Al Capone and I am a Warrior. I feel so like William Wallace minus the Claymore of course. No way we keep both Goalies. The reason it was easy to keep Rask and Thomas is because Rask was signed at 900,000 and now that he is at 3.5 million Tim Thomas is not playing for Boston! All I ask it that people think before they type. Use that frontal lobe its a beauty.

Lets get murray Baron out of retirment he is good for 100 point year with the sedins maybe 70 goals if Murray stays in shape. Jason Arnott might get jealous at training camp, we could also bring in Dave Babych to play with the sedins. He could give them mustache rides and we all know that could turn the Sedins into 200 point players

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Kris Versteeg ($3.000m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Jason Arnott ($2.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Mason Raymond ($2.000m) / Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Dale Weise ($0.666m)

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Carlo Colaiacovo ($1.500m)

Chris Tanev ($0.900m) / Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Jose Theodore ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,610,500; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (25-man roster): $589,500

Signings : Arnott, Colaiacovo

Trade: Luongo+pick for Versteeg, Theodore, & Prospect

You my friend are a moron. Jason Arnott would not play with the Sedins he is a center. The point is your retarded. Jason Arnott is over the hill and Jason King is this like a 2005 reference. Jason King Once scored 12 goals in a year in the Nhl woopdy dooooo. Thomas has taken a year off and his contract expires after that. Therefore........ Drum Role UFA after that. Jason Arnott being a 100 point player omfg you are retarded. Jason Arnott a Center playing with the Sedins slightly more retarded a durrrrrr. Way to go!

OOO the fact is Jason Arnott is not a 100 point player, if someone says that there retarded, I cannot help it if you personally find the word retard offensive it was used before the time of euphemisms and sternly hits to point I am trying to convey, I apologize in advance if any retards were harmed in the making of this forum.

Archived