The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Morrow Available (per Jeff Angus)

Billibong- i agree 100% that i hope we get a Bobby Ryan or any of these available stars.

As for Marchant, a year after he made us his b**ches, he soon assumed to be a non factor this past year. All last summer "oh my gawd, we gotta revamp our roster just incase we run into that bad little man again" this year it was Dustin Brown who kicked our ass anytime a Canuck touched the puck. Who is it gonna be next year? And the year after that?

I'd be more inclined to believe the one who wrote that statement was broken mentally... Lehtonen's save percentage was 8th in the league (.922 right behind Rinne's which was .923) and his gaa was 9th in the league (better than Rinne's...) and he was 12th in wins in the league, on a team that missed the playoffs.

He was barely scoring at a 20-goal pace last season and is 2 years removed from a 30 goal season. Don't overate this guy too much.

He's worth Raymond and Ballard or Tanev straight up.

Sedin - Sedin - Morrow

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Burrows - Lapierre - Hansen

Kassian - Malhotra - Bitz

That's the best top-9 in the NHL right there. Perfect mix of size, speed and skill right through the lineup on each line which is apparently what wins cups nowadays.

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Tanev/Ballard - Alberts

Again, the perfect complement of offensive defenceman and physical shutdown guy on each pairing, with enough physicality throughout the pairings. Ballard-Tanev is not strong enough for the playoffs, but putting Alberts on that pairing is perfect. We didn't utilize our biggest defenceman enough last season and it cost us - he's the only one big enough to pose a threat to the bigger forwards of Boston and Los Angeles.

We could still make a move for Doan even if we somehow acquire Morrow...just have to move Booth. IMO, Morrow makes Booth expendable. He's a better version of him, and a guy like Booth can't play a bottom six role...because he isn't reliable defensively and can't pass well.

After tge garrison signing, my wishlist consists of two things...

- Schroeder works out on the second line for a month

- Get a passer for the kesler line. A guy who can dish will turn that line from a one dimensional puck hog dynamo to a structured 3 player line with grit and skill.

Putting schroeder on the wing could accomplish that

Morrow isn't who he once was. Injuries have slowed him down but if he's being brought in for a leadership role and a player who can still provide grit and a bit of upside, then Morrow is a good target.

Dallas would probably want a young impact player straight up for him. His current play wouldn't suggest that but I don't believe Nieuwendyk is in a hurry to get rid of Morrow.

As it stands, Morrow would be a 3rd liner on the Stars team:

Eriksson - Benn - Jagr

Ryder - Roy - Whitney

Their top-6 is set and I can't see Morrow bumping off the 2 30-goal scorers in Eriksson and Ryder, or two 70-point players in Whitney and Benn let alone Jagr.

Dallas needs defencemen, especially after Souray's loss, so this may be the only chance the offer of Raymond + Ballard makes sense. If it was just a straight forward swap then Raymond and our 1st or 2nd rounder next season would also be fair considering their production lately is very similar (both scored under a 20 goal pace last year).

As it stands, Morrow would be a 3rd liner on the Stars team:

Eriksson - Benn - Jagr

Ryder - Roy - Whitney

Their top-6 is set and I can't see Morrow bumping off the 2 30-goal scorers in Eriksson and Ryder, or two 70-point players in Whitney and Benn let alone Jagr.

Dallas needs defencemen, especially after Souray's loss, so this may be the only chance the offer of Raymond + Ballard makes sense. If it was just a straight forward swap then Raymond and our 1st or 2nd rounder next season would also be fair considering their production lately is very similar (both scored under a 20 goal pace last year).

Archived