The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Ballard to Minnesota

Minnesota needs to shore up their defense.

Vancouver needs a third line center.

VAN:

Keith Ballard

MIN:

Kyle Brodizak

Brodziak can be expendable because the team signed Torry Mitchell and have Granlund joining the team next year and tey have Matt Cullen in the #3 slot.

So you're going to create a void in our already not very deep D to fill a 3rd line centre hole?

Seriously, Ballard will do fine on 3rd pairing. The guy has had a rough go of it, came in to a new system, and has had bad luck with injuries. He was one of our better D in the playoffs, and with Rome gone should get more ice-time, and confidence as a result. He picks up from where he left off, and starts playing w/ confidence, and he could be a pleasant surprise. Heck, he may have worked his way up to the second pairing before the year is done.

Ballard is fine on the 3rd pairing. Canucks are incredibly weak in defensive depth trading a D at this point would be pointless. Ballard looked solid in the playoffs, he out-played Edler. Give the guy a chance to play a full season before hating on him.

So you're going to create a void in our already not very deep D to fill a 3rd line centre hole?

Seriously, Ballard will do fine on 3rd pairing. The guy has had a rough go of it, came in to a new system, and has had bad luck with injuries. He was one of our better D in the playoffs, and with Rome gone should get more ice-time, and confidence as a result. He picks up from where he left off, and starts playing w/ confidence, and he could be a pleasant surprise. Heck, he may have worked his way up to the second pairing before the year is done.

Brodziak is an excellent target IMO. Higgins - Brodziak - Hansen 3rd line would be so solid.

Unfortunately I don't think Ballard would interest them as he would probably end up as 3rd pairing there too probably behind Suter - Scandella. With Cuma - Falk - Stoner as 3rd pairing options, I can't see them desperate for Ballard.

I think they'd want cheaper, younger, high potential support players if they were to trade Brodziak. Of course VAN wouldn't.

MIN: Schroeder, Kassian

VAN: Brodziak

The Wild wont be able to add salary with the recent signings. Cullen could maybe be had for Ballard as I don't see a role for him on that team. Cuma might be ready for some NHL this year. Falk will be resigned and there is a very outside chance Dumba can crack a spot but I doubt it. They have a young D but I doubt they add much, Maybe a Vet like Colin White could help but would only cost 1 mil or so.

Suter Gilbert

Stoner Spurgeon

Falk Scandella

Kampfer Prosser

Cuma Dumba

Ballard is fine on the 3rd pairing. Canucks are incredibly weak in defensive depth trading a D at this point would be pointless. Ballard looked solid in the playoffs, he out-played Edler. Give the guy a chance to play a full season before hating on him.

Brodziak is an excellent target IMO. Higgins - Brodziak - Hansen 3rd line would be so solid.

Unfortunately I don't think Ballard would interest them as he would probably end up as 3rd pairing there too probably behind Suter - Scandella. With Cuma - Falk - Stoner as 3rd pairing options, I can't see them desperate for Ballard.

I think they'd want cheaper, younger, high potential support players if they were to trade Brodziak. Of course VAN wouldn't.

MIN: Schroeder, Kassian

VAN: Brodziak

Archived