The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How do you feel about fighting in the NHL?

How do you feel about fighting in the NHL?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fun to watch. I said the balance is ok, but I might want to see a few more good fights.

I Finland, the SM-league pretty much condemns fighting and you can only see fighting like once per year, if that even. And thats league wide.

I have to agree with this. I think there's a bit too much staging nowadays. How many games did we have last year where it was "X HAS to fight Y tonight to show them who's boss!"

And then the 6 man New York/New Jersey brawl, that was a bit ridiculous.

When Lecavier and Iginla fought, you could make a good case for it. When stupid goon fight's stupid goon because Marchand hit somebody low, then no, you cannot.

The staged fights need to go and that means fighting should be gone.

Yes, there will be those that tell me to watch figure skating, but watching fighting on TV does not make one tough. There will be those that ask how players will police other players from cheap hits. That should never be in the realm of a player to decide, officiating should always be calling the letter of the law game in and out, playoffs or otherwise.

Archived