The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Re-sign Bitz ?

DaMacNamedDre

like i said i think its re-sign Bitz and add one super thug .

really enjoyed what Matt Carkner did to Boyle as an answer for trying to intimidate Karlsson.

just skated up to him and started swinging, we need that in the lineup.

a 6'5 Rick Rypien.

Thoughts on resigning Byron Bitz ?

i think we should resign him and add one more super heavyweight to the roster.

The guy can skate, he's got decent hands for a big man and when he was put with the Twins they actually produced. Not saying he's the Bobby Ryan we need with H+Daniel but i would rather have Bitz in the Lineup than Raymond/Wiese/Malhotra(coaching in Chicago soon)

If MG can resign Bitz for a fair price i would like to see what he could do if he could get healthy.

6"5 is the new blueprint and it would be wise to keep as many big men that actually drop the gloves around as possible.

Flame away Raymond fanboys but i need to see this team toughen up substantially and start defending themselves or i will be looking for a new team to support.

The non answers on the cheap shots by Duncan Keith, Brad Marchand and Dustin Brown are an embarrassment to the club and to anyone wearing the colors.

Bitz,Kassian,Volpatti and one absolute savage would be ideal.

Bitz re-signing would be a good thing...he showed little snippets of skill and braun. It would be worth the risk of a contract to see how good he can be if his body would allow him to play a whole season without major injuries. 6'5", 215+ lbs. is a good start, though he's 27 and at the age where it's now or never.

On another note, Oreskovich sure turned out to be a disappointment, didn't he? Size and speed...he had the tools to be successful. Let's hope if the Canucks signs Bitz, he turns out to be way better than Oreskovich.

Bieksa watched Marchand speed bag Sedin, Bieksa shouldn't be our enforcer. Plays too many minutes.

Kassian ? too young for TOPCOP role. maybe in 2-3 years.

but i do agree, its high time this team fought for each other.

Thoughts on resigning Byron Bitz ?

i think we should resign him and add one more super heavyweight to the roster.

The guy can skate, he's got decent hands for a big man and when he was put with the Twins they actually produced. Not saying he's the Bobby Ryan we need with H+Daniel but i would rather have Bitz in the Lineup than Raymond/Wiese/Malhotra(coaching in Chicago soon)

If MG can resign Bitz for a fair price i would like to see what he could do if he could get healthy.

6"5 is the new blueprint and it would be wise to keep as many big men that actually drop the gloves around as possible.

Flame away Raymond fanboys but i need to see this team toughen up substantially and start defending themselves or i will be looking for a new team to support.

The non answers on the cheap shots by Duncan Keith, Brad Marchand and Dustin Brown are an embarrassment to the club and to anyone wearing the colors.

Bitz,Kassian,Volpatti and one absolute savage would be ideal.

I think we are getting carried away here. Bitz is hardly a fighter. He tries a couple of punches and then tries to wrestle his opponent to the ice.

In fact I would be willing to bet that Marchand would have taken him. Youtube Marchand fights and the youtube Bitz "fights"

I do agree with you in principle though. This team has very little pushback and that is why we get no respect and opposition players feel able to take liberties. I have a feeling Bieksa rations his pugilistic events now because he realises there ARE players who should be stepping up /more but they leave it all to him.............that is unfair in my book.

One last thing the people who should be addressing this have turned a blind eye to it. It is their problem not Bieksa's. Bitz is not the answer and in any case I believe there should be much more fight/pushback in the top two offensive lines.

If the Sedins were on the ice with Perry, Kane, Iginla or someone like that I would like to think Keith would have been punished immediately.

Our acquisition of Garrison and the 2 AHL no hopers was a shock to me and an indication that MG still hasn't woken up to our glaring problem. Any further additions to this team should, of course not only be talented (that's a given) but be big and nasty or we can forget Stanley.

Ps Nothing wrong with Raymond.............he's no fighter though :)

I think we are getting carried away here. Bitz is hardly a fighter. He tries a couple of punches and then tries to wrestle his opponent to the ice.

In fact I would be willing to bet that Marchand would have taken him. Youtube Marchand fights and the youtube Bitz "fights"

I do agree with you in principle though. This team has very little pushback and that is why we get no respect and opposition players feel able to take liberties. I have a feeling Bieksa rations his pugilistic events now because he realises there ARE players who should be stepping up /more but they leave it all to him.............that is unfair in my book.

One last thing the people who should be addressing this have turned a blind eye to it. It is their problem not Bieksa's. Bitz is not the answer and in any case I believe there should be much more fight/pushback in the top two offensive lines.

If the Sedins were on the ice with Perry, Kane, Iginla or someone like that I would like to think Keith would have been punished immediately.

Our acquisition of Garrison and the 2 AHL no hopers was a shock to me and an indication that MG still hasn't woken up to our glaring problem. Any further additions to this team should, of course not only be talented (that's a given) but be big and nasty or we can forget Stanley.

Ps Nothing wrong with Raymond.............he's no fighter though :)

Couldn't agree more. The fact that this was his first year back after being off for almost two years and that he showed some promise when he was here, is enough for me to give him another chance. Love his size and the fact that he\s actually got some hands too.

Marchand would get his ass kicked by Bitz. Maybe when you were youtubing their fights, you should have noticed each guys opponenets too. Bitz would wipe the floor with that little twerp Marchand.

I do agree that the Canucks have a desperate need for guys who will defend not only themselves but each other. The fact that they have shown little to no "pushback" as you call it, to me just shows that this team lacks a commitment to each other. All you hear is how close of a group that these guys are, well if they were that close then you'd think that they'd stick up for one another like other teams do but instead they continually sit around and watch as their best players get man handled. Doesn't exactly scream closeness and togetherness to me.

Marchand would get his ass kicked by Bitz. Maybe when you were youtubing their fights, you should have noticed each guys opponenets too. Bitz would wipe the floor with that little twerp Marchand.

I do agree that the Canucks have a desperate need for guys who will defend not only themselves but each other. The fact that they have shown little to no "pushback" as you call it, to me just shows that this team lacks a commitment to each other. All you hear is how close of a group that these guys are, well if they were that close then you'd think that they'd stick up for one another like other teams do but instead they continually sit around and watch as their best players get man handled. Doesn't exactly scream closeness and togetherness to me.

Bitz shows willing at first. I grant you that but he doesn't have any technique. For a guy his size he seems to lack intent ( like Bieksa or Rypien showed) I did watch his videos and he did get" tangled up" with some decent opponents but I didn't see anything other than an attempt to look good. He "fought" Brashear and I think Brashear realised this and gave him at least 2 opportunities to call it a day (because Bitz was obviously not there to fight) Bitz declined so Brashear pummelled him.

This illustrates my point. Which guy would you rather have?

Brad Marchand 5'-9" @ 183 lbs

P.K. Subban 6'-0 @ 206 lbs......Niskanen 6'-0 @ 200 lbs (and no he didn't lose to him, it was a draw)

I'm no fan of Marchand but anyone he takes on is usually bigger than him. I would have Marchand's guts before Bitz's WWE capers.

Archived