The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo on the fox

beer&meat

Exactly what I've been wondering since we were eliminated. Why the heck was this the right time to throw the face of your franchise for the previous 6 years and its all-time best goalie under the bus when they knew that given the condition of their two top forwards, the series was likely a lost cause anyways. Coming back with Lui in the last game would have left the team with all their options open, not only sparing Lui the embarrassment he didn't deserve, but likely also preserving his value in any deal and preventing the low balling crap from Burkie and Tallon that MG now has to deal with.

http://www.lvrj.com/business/nhl-star-luongo-thrives-under-pressure-at-wsop-161691495.html

Article about Luongo in the World Series of Poker.

Poker helps take his mind off what has been a challenging offseason for Luongo after the top-seeded Canucks were ousted in the first round of the NHL's Stanley Cup playoffs by the eventual champion Los Angeles Kings in five games.

Luongo lost his starting role during the playoffs.

Based on his demotion, media outlets across Canada speculated about Luongo's potential trade to another team, maybe the Chicago Blackhawks or the Florida Panthers.

"It's been a tough a few weeks, but I'm pretty sure it's time to move on," Luongo said. "I've had a great six years in Vancouver. It's a wonderful city and I've really enjoyed my time there."

Archived