The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo on the fox

beer&meat

It's much more fair to call the Sharks, the team itself, chokers. Not Thornton. At times he's been invisible, at times he's been dominant. At the end of the day, one player cannot carry a team to the Stanley Cup. Unless you're an idiot like that and set your expectations way too high... you're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

Umm...didnt a bunch of people on here say Lou wont be traded?

oops!

I called this 2 years ago. Schnieder being kept around as insurance and this season would determine who they went with.

Faced a crap storm of vitreol bc I know something about hockey and business.

Oh well...anyone need a hanky or some diapers?

Bye Bye Lou. You don't deserve the crap you're taking in the media and by fans, and thank you for playing your heart out for us, everything you did for the team and city. We just have a younger talented guy to go with now. It's asset management.

well of course not. I don't wanna take anything away from Schneider. but many of our so called "fans" ran Luongo out of our city. He didn't even played bad. yes, he might have cost us some games. big games even. but which other goalie has ever brought us there?! other than Kirk McLean?

I can almost guarantee you that the same will happen to Schneider in 3-5 years. I think it's embarassing

That doesnt add up. Hes being run out of town right now?

Why has he chosen this time to finally say enough is enough? The bulk of fan criticism towards Luongo happened years ago, and no one is on his case right now (comparatively)

Maybe the organization wants to stick with the guy 7 years younger and has performed phenomenally to date.

Oi... stop making this a Lu vs Schneider game. This isn't twilight. Take off your team Jacob shirt.

MG has no need to rush a trade with Lu. It's more important that he find the right trade partner willing to move the right assets to get him.

This is a dick move by Luongo. By him saying what he did, he just took any leverage that Gillis had away. Luongo has basically stated the team he wants to go to, and in doing so gave Tallon all of the power in the negotiations. If Gillis sticks to his guns and doesn't trade Luongo for "the right price" he looks like a spiteful and vindictive arsehole.

It's a shame because until now Luongo has been class, but this singularly put him over the line in my opinion, into true douchebag territory.

I realize Luongo himself stated that, at the end of the day, it's probably time to move on. Didn't MG also say that, as a whole, management is perfectly happy to start the season with both? That would imply that there's no reason to panic... yet.

This is a dick move by Luongo. By him saying what he did, he just took any leverage that Gillis had away. Luongo has basically stated the team he wants to go to, and in doing so gave Tallon all of the power in the negotiations. If Gillis sticks to his guns and doesn't trade Luongo for "the right price" he looks like a spiteful and vindictive arsehole.

It's a shame because until now Luongo has been class, but this singularly put him over the line in my opinion, into true douchebag territory.

Archived