The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal]Edler to DET Loungo to ?

I think you're undervaluing Edler quite a bit. If he were to go to Detroit I think it needs to include Filppula and a good prospect role player (Tatar or someone like Helm).

What about Edler and Raymond for Berglund and Oshie? St. Louis is desperate for a left sided defenceman to play with Pietranelo, and Edler would be a pretty good fit. Oshie's going to arbitration and has had problems there in the past, and Berglund has underwhelmed the past couple seasons. I think I'd probably only do it if we could pry Weber out of Nashville via an offersheet. Otherwise our D takes a big hit.

Edler is a UFA next year. Yoou have to be reasonable. Helm is a great 3rd line center. The 1st round pick is fair given Edler is UFA next year as well. You have to understand DET is taking a risk as well.

:picard: oh boy where do i begin....

We can get a whole lot more for edler than a third line center. If we are going to trade our top dman then we should at least do it in a Bobby Ryan or Shea Weber deal.

We can get way more for lui that franson (who sat in the press box most of last year) and Frattin (who bounced up and down between the NHL and AHL).

Nice try... but we get scortched on both deals

I don't think Edler's going anywhere. MG has a knack for getting players to sign fair deals. I hate these sick, unrealistic deals for over rated players. It pisses me off. This is precisely what got the league into trouble in the first place. I guess some GMs will never learn.

This is one thing I like about MG; He won't overpay a player.

Edler is a UFA next year. Yoou have to be reasonable. Helm is a great 3rd line center. The 1st round pick is fair given Edler is UFA next year as well. You have to understand DET is taking a risk as well.

Proposal threads should be locked instantly if the OP doesn't know how to spell the names of the players involved...

There is no Loungo on the Canucks roster... I checked. We do have a Luongo though.

#1 Dman would be the defenceman on a team that has the biggest role, while I agree that Kronwall could arguably be Detroits #1, I would rank Edler ahead of him. If you look at what 1 year of Weber would apparently be worth and subtract a few things it would still be better than Helm and a mid to late 1st IMO. Detroit reportedly had scouted Edler heavily before Vancouver drafted him and would most likely be able to resign him.

Archived