The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) D.Sedin H.Sedin Jensen

i think if jesnen was to partnered with the sedins he could be a 30 goal scorer as early as next year. he already has been developing very fast and i think if he impresses at training camp he should get a permanent spot on the roster. i think he would work better than kassian because kas isnt a sniper/goal scorer. if you look at kassians minor league stats he got most of his points via assists. i do think jensen is able to have a big impact on this club soon and i think next year we should at least give him a chance, maybe until all rookies need to be sent down if you dont want them on the team yet.

roster

sedin sedin jensen

booth kesler(gaunce, schroeder) burrows

raymond higgins(?) hansen

lapierre malholtra kassian

as of now we have too many top 6 forwards and prospects wont get a chance to make the team if we keep signing players. so i say let raymond walk this year or trade him. let higgins go next year(even tho i love him on the team) and let manny go aswell. i think it was a bad move to trade for booth aswell. i think we have prospects that can really show up and perform with kesler and are much more suited to our team than him. plus we are stuck with booth till 2014 if he doesnt perform he should be sent to the 3rd line and get a prospect up for our top 6.

WTF (Why the frack, I change it time by time) does unproven Jensen get to play on the first line while Kassian still sits on the fourth?

I'd give Jensen some time in Sweeden to get a feel of pro hockey then bring him in. Same thing with Gaunce, let him develop in the OHL first.

i think if jesnen was to partnered with the sedins he could be a 30 goal scorer as early as next year. he already has been developing very fast and i think if he impresses at training camp he should get a permanent spot on the roster. i think he would work better than kassian because kas isnt a sniper/goal scorer. if you look at kassians minor league stats he got most of his points via assists. i do think jensen is able to have a big impact on this club soon and i think next year we should at least give him a chance, maybe until all rookies need to be sent down if you dont want them on the team yet.

roster

sedin sedin jensen

booth kesler(gaunce, schroeder) burrows

raymond higgins(?) hansen

lapierre malholtra kassian

as of now we have too many top 6 forwards and prospects wont get a chance to make the team if we keep signing players. so i say let raymond walk this year or trade him. let higgins go next year(even tho i love him on the team) and let manny go aswell. i think it was a bad move to trade for booth aswell. i think we have prospects that can really show up and perform with kesler and are much more suited to our team than him. plus we are stuck with booth till 2014 if he doesnt perform he should be sent to the 3rd line and get a prospect up for our top 6.

If Jensen makes the team, the only time he'll play regularly with the twins is the first shift after a PK and that's only if AV doesn't use Booth on that shift.

I wouldnt mind seeing him there for a game or two at the start of the season and go from there. He'd have to be absolutely amazing to supplant Burrows from the top line.

I'd also like to see Kassian giving a game or two on the top line as well.

Jensen looked great last year, I'm sure he'll have every opportunity to stick with the club in the top 6, probably start the year on the second line for 10 games, then either earn his promotion during that time or get sent to Sweden.

I'm sure it will be the same for Shroeder, except AHL instead of Sweden.

My prediction is that both will impress, Schroeder will get an extended look i.e. 10 games, and Jensen will go to Sweden after pre-season.

Id like to see:

Sedin Sedin Doan

Burrows Kesler Kassian

Booth malhotra Higgins

Volpatti lapierre Hansen

3rd C is not set in stone. I think adding burrows and kassian to kesler would give kesler 2 ppl to pass to him. I could see kassian on top line if he breaks out a bit and doan with kesler would be fine too. Id like to see burrows back at left wing, that was his original position and hes much better at it than right wing.

I'm sorry but i don't think we have too many top-6 players on this team. I personally consider our top 6 players as: H. Sedin, D. Sedin, Kesler, Burrows and Booth. That is 5 top-6 players and of the 5, only the Sedins have proven themselves to consistently rack up points on a nightly basis.

Guys like Raymond, Higgins, Hansen and Lapierre are very good third liners but fringe second liners. Don't get me wrong, they obviously have second line potential but they could just as easily become career third liners on contending teams and second liners on rebuilding teams.

Our two young powerforwards, Kassian and Jensen, are still prospects who have yet to prove themselves in the NHL.

To be honest, our team definitely needs at least one more legitimate top 6 player to play with Kesler or the Sedins. Guys like Shane Doan and Alex Semin are at the top of my list since we could acquire them without having to give up anything (only at the right price though).

Doan would provide a veteran presence while also providing the gritty factor that our team is missing in the playoffs.

Semin on the other hand, although having been criticized for having the lack of heart and a cancer in the locker room, would definitely be a help to our team. He has the talent to take over games, which is something that we lacked when the Sedins-Burrow got shut down and Kesler got injured.

Talent cannot be taught to any player, but I believe that in the right situation, a player's attitude can be changed. We all worried about Lapierre's off and on ice antics when he was traded here but how could someone act cocky when they are in the same locker room as the Sedins, Kesler, Hamhuis, Edler, Bieksa, and Luongo (who are all just as equally talented as Semin is).

And I think that if Semin really only wanted money and wished to play in the KHL he would have signed in Russia a long time ago, he wouldn't be waiting in the NHL to see if there is any interest.

Archived