The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kyle Wellwood might be a good fit.

Let's not forget he's pretty damn awesome at raiding the fridge. We have already done the Wellfed experiment, and we let him go so I don't think the management wants him back.

Wellwood is not a bad player. He can score and his underlying advanced stats are very good. We need someone to fill in while Kesler is out. Wellwood can drive possession, and contrary to popular belief he is not bad defensively. He's good on faceoffs. Just don't expect him to blind you with speed or launch any huge hits.

He actually was pretty decent on our 3rd line when he was here. I recall in one of our series against the Hawks, Welly was pretty much the best player on the ice for us.

He just put up career numbers so I don't know how cheap he would come but I wouldn't be upset at all if he came back. He has great creativity and play making ability that our 2nd/3rd line lacks and is a decent 2way player. Would be nice to add some size in that 3C position but would prefer him to Arnott any day.

Would love to have Wellwood back, but I don't think AV likes him for the same reasons he didn't like Hodgson.

- Amazing hands like nobody on our team has

- Good face-offs

- Good defensively as long as he doesn't have to handle giant centers

- Can be the puck-controller on our second PP unit, something we really need after Hodgson's departure

- Can easily fill in for Kesler while he's out

- Someone who can actually play-make (outside the Sedins, who play on one line, we don't have one)

- Good on shootout, something the Canucks sort of suck at

- Will have a rather cheap price tag for how much he offers

Would love to have Wellwood back, but I don't think AV likes him for the same reasons he didn't like Hodgson.

- Amazing hands like nobody on our team has

- Good face-offs

- Good defensively as long as he doesn't have to handle giant centers

- Can be the puck-controller on our second PP unit, something we really need after Hodgson's departure

- Can easily fill in for Kesler while he's out

- Someone who can actually play-make (outside the Sedins, who play on one line, we don't have one)

- Good on shootout, something the Canucks sort of suck at

- Will have a rather cheap price tag for how much he offers

Archived