Franson

Leafs 2013 1st

To Predators:

Edler

Canucks 2013 1st

Leafs 2013 1st

To Canucks:

Weber

Leafs get the goalie that can make them a playoff team which makes their 1st not as valuable to them,Preds get a stud Dman and 2 1st round picks on top of their own for next years draft which is supposed to be as deep or deeper than the 2003 draft. Canucks get their man in Weber and our D would be Weber,Hamhuis,BIeksa,Garrison,Franson and either Tanev/Ballard or one of the young guys from the Wolves.

What's people's thoughts on this deal

To Leafs:

Luongo

To Canucks:

Colborne

Franson

Leafs 2013 1st

To Predators:

Edler

Canucks 2013 1st

Leafs 2013 1st

To Canucks:

Weber

Leafs get the goalie that can make them a playoff team which makes their 1st not as valuable to them,Preds get a stud Dman and 2 1st round picks on top of their own for next years draft which is supposed to be as deep or deeper than the 2003 draft. Canucks get their man in Weber and our D would be Weber,Hamhuis,BIeksa,Garrison,Franson and either Tanev/Ballard or one of the young guys from the Wolves.

I was factoring in that if we get Franson somehow that Weber would almost surely want to either be traded to Van or sign with Van seeing 2 of his good buddy's would be there in Hamhuis and Franson. I think Van has a better chance trading for him then signing him beacuse now a days players seem to just go where the most money is and I think Van will shy away from the Luongo type contracts for a while.

The key to the Toronto deal is patience.

MG wants to make a solid hockey deal, as he should. The problem is that Burke wants to play the waiting game in hopes of MG lowering the price. In my mind, he can wait all he wants. We have the pieces in place to start the season successfully. He, on the other hand, may find himself behind the eight ball again, and may be more willing to deal more honestly. Add to that, the fact that another sub-par season could end his tenure with the Leaf, and I think, in the end, we get what we want.

Another reason to be patient is that other goalies are gonna falter. It happens every year. The teams to watch will be the ones who's goalies had a rough year last year. Columbus and Anaheim had goalies who stumbled last season. I'd watch for one of them to push the panic button if their number ones don't perform this season. This could create a bidding war, which only benefits us as long as Lou will waive his NTC.

I, like every other Canucks fan, would love to see Weber wearing a Canucks jersey. The fact that they haven't signed him yet tellsme that Shea may be seriously looking at other options. The problem is that the Preds organization still holds all the cards for at least, the next season.

With the new CBA looming, I would have to think Weber wants to cash in before it takes effect. A problem arises if he doesn't want to play in Nashville long term. Yes, he can sign any offer sheet he wishes, but the Preds can match any offer sheet he signs. I would have to think the price tag wouldn't matter to Nashville management, they would match. I'm thinking he's looking to get the highest one year deal he can get and maybe even a limited NTC so he has a little control over where he goes should they deal him. Now that he's a RFA, I firmly believe he's gonna be a Preditor at least until next deadline. I don't think Poile will make the same mistake twice. If they don't have Weber signed by next deadline, he will be on the block.

Burke cant spin the fact Gillis wanted too much. Gillis can come out and say what the offer was and let the Leaf fans decide if Burke was being pigheaded.

I think Brians actual out is that Luongo wouldn't waive to come to the Leafs. Then he can cry the blues and say he 'tried' .

The key to the Toronto deal is patience.

MG wants to make a solid hockey deal, as he should. The problem is that Burke wants to play the waiting game in hopes of MG lowering the price. In my mind, he can wait all he wants. We have the pieces in place to start the season successfully. He, on the other hand, may find himself behind the eight ball again, and may be more willing to deal more honestly. Add to that, the fact that another sub-par season could end his tenure with the Leaf, and I think, in the end, we get what we want.

Another reason to be patient is that other goalies are gonna falter. It happens every year. The teams to watch will be the ones who's goalies had a rough year last year. Columbus and Anaheim had goalies who stumbled last season. I'd watch for one of them to push the panic button if their number ones don't perform this season. This could create a bidding war, which only benefits us as long as Lou will waive his NTC.

I, like every other Canucks fan, would love to see Weber wearing a Canucks jersey. The fact that they haven't signed him yet tellsme that Shea may be seriously looking at other options. The problem is that the Preds organization still holds all the cards for at least, the next season.

With the new CBA looming, I would have to think Weber wants to cash in before it takes effect. A problem arises if he doesn't want to play in Nashville long term. Yes, he can sign any offer sheet he wishes, but the Preds can match any offer sheet he signs. I would have to think the price tag wouldn't matter to Nashville management, they would match. I'm thinking he's looking to get the highest one year deal he can get and maybe even a limited NTC so he has a little control over where he goes should they deal him. Now that he's a RFA, I firmly believe he's gonna be a Preditor at least until next deadline. I don't think Poile will make the same mistake twice. If they don't have Weber signed by next deadline, he will be on the block.

Archived