The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van + NYR + Nash (Original, No Weber)

Nashville

Keith Ballard

Anton Rodin

- Nashville only has 5 d-men on their roster and only 1 of them is of the "quality top 4 variety".

I am not saying he is the ideal solution, but Ballard may be able to fill the role of "Suter lite".

(Better alternative than Hal Gill or Kevin Klein...)

Nashville lacks prospects with top-6 upside and with Kassian/Jensen ahead of him on the depth chart Rodin may never get a good shot on the Canucks roster.

New York

Sergei Kostitsyn

With Richards, Stepan, Anisimov, Boyle and Rupp all down the middle Dubinsky becomes an expensive bottom 6 center (4.2 mil for 3 more years). Offensively SK and Dubi are comparable players, but SK will likely be cheaper and provide support on the wing.

Vancouver

Brandon Dubinsky

While 4.2 million is expensive for a 3rd line center, we are essentially going from having an overpaid "3rd pairing d-man" to an overpaid 3rd line center. Dubinsky, Higgins and Hansen would be one of the best checking lines in the NHL.

I figure Ballards value is pretty low and Nashville is essentially "buying low" on him. Rodin is really a secondary prospect and again will likely never crack this roster. Might get a better chance in Nashville being one of their better forward prospects.

I figure Kostitsyn gives them a cheaper alternative and he may look really good next to Anisimov in the future.

We just re-signed Raymond. Theres pretty little chance that Rodin cracks this roster, so his cheaper salary isn't an added benefit.

Archived