The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lottery Corp comes us snake eyes with subsidy to goalie

ronningsback

I don't see why the outrage?

Why do you pay sports athletes millions of dollars to endorse your products when they already make millions of dollars? You want them to associate themselves with your brand.

You want Roberto Luongo to represent the BCLC brand at the poker tournament. You pay him.

I don't have a problem with it.

Players get paid to sponsor all sorts of products and services. I don't see why it should be a big deal. If Luongo was given a free Toyota as part of a sponsorship deal, would we care?

Is that supposed to be a news item written by a professional journalist? Sounds like some old cranky guy who hacked into the system.

Lemme see, who what when where why.

Well then again I guess he nailed it lol

Still that's just an opening volley. Where's the beef?

I haven't been following the story that closely, but has Luongo or BCLC verified that $10,000 was paid for his entry?

Many tournaments have promotional entries offered out and it wouldn't surprise me if his entry was a freebie for BCLC

I'm sorry this is just lame all around.

-That link-talking about single mothers needing the money more? Ya...like it would ever end up in the citizens who need it pockets anyways.

Fact of the matter is, BCLC most likely spends more money on their employee summer picnic.

Luongo made a deal with them. They want their name out there. This is a cheap way to do that, especially with these "poor us" articles.

Archived