The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Team 1040 - Not getting the shot callers - not breaking stories

Anyone notice lately that they aren't getting quality guests on the air or getting the early break on stories? Essentially not bringing much 'new' news to the table?

Places like CFOX, CKNW and others seem to be having more success at getting key people to talk.

Meanwhile 1040 pays bucket loads of money to Dreger/McKenzie etc to come on the air and rehash rumours.

I know it is the slow offseason but they aren't bringing much to the table as the "exclusive" sports radio station in our market.

PS - Botchford is unlistenable

they get gillis on air like every week , im pretty sure if they started pushing for more info from players and ect (stirring up crap with the team)

he would stop coming on and when the contract for radio broadcast with them is up it might be tougher to renew

right now you cant expect them to start reading random twitter rumors

thats Globals job , reporting sam jam a RELIABLE source says luongo to toronto is 90% done

lol

Maybe its guys like Blake Price (whom I usually like) asking stupid questions like he did with Jason Garrison (as an example, paraphrased for dramatic effect);

Blake - "Jason, are 17 goals the high water mark for you?"

Jason -  "No, I hope to continue to improve my game and help out on both sides of the puck"

Blak -  "oh, uhh, I didn't mean, it, like, that, um, well, ummm"

Blake - "Jason, how much did your point total come because Brian Campbell was your partner?"

Jason - "Uh, yeah, he's good, I learned from him, but I think I have matured and improved my game and we helped each other.

Blake - "Jason, did you think you would earn this much money, do you think you benefitted from the shallow free agent pool this year"?

Janson - "uh, what?"

Team 1040 has grown fat and lazy with their 'we got the Canucks, so whaddaya gonna do?' attitude. And while they haven't killed-off cknw sports entirely, this situation reminds me of how bloated the wwe became after wcw was knocked-off.

Lack of decent competition builds apathy towards finding intriguing ways to entertain.

However, there is competition. Just like how the wwe inevitably lost the bulk of their fanbase, the Team might wake up one day and find themselves simply not listened to, period.

'Oh, but that won't happen to us. We've locked-up this market.'

That's what Vince said too.

Why does 1040 switch to Fox Sports America every evening? Bloody annoying, I could care less about the NBA in the summer time. Jim Rome, same with him, annoying, pompous *ss. Is the budget that bad that they can't some local sports guys or gals? They re-hash all their daily shows, when every host comes on air. Is the interweb causing these radio and TV carriers that much grief, that they can't keep up the pace?

the team1040 roster sucks.....I used to listen to the mojo before they closed down.I hate the Sekeres and price show worst possible pairing, cant stand listening to that slot 10am-2pm.Barry mac and taylor are the only reason I still listen, the rest on the roster I could careless for.

I listen to the team almost daily....heres my take.

Scotty RIntoul is hopeless....why do i say that....ill tell you in 6 minutes(any regular listener should get that)

botchford is poo

Blake price is arrogant, condescending and childish and you are not allowed to disagree with him.

I dont know what you guys think, but i absolutley love the afternoon show. Huge Don Taylor fan and i think him and Barry Macdonald do a great job together.

p.s. what is a 'moj'

Don Taylor is the only good thing 1040 has besides Shorthouse on game nights.

Dan Russell sports talk is the best sports talk show in Van city hands down. I've been listening to him for 25 years. He's gotten a lot softer over the years but still the best.

Team1040 tried to compete with sports talk for years but admitted defeat. Now they just broadcast American sports talk shows in the evening instead of trying to compete with Dan the man Russell.

Don Taylor is the only good thing 1040 has besides Shorthouse on game nights.

Dan Russell sports talk is the best sports talk show in Van city hands down. I've been listening to him for 25 years. He's gotten a lot softer over the years but still the best.

Team1040 tried to compete with sports talk for years but admitted defeat. Now they just broadcast American sports talk shows in the evening instead of trying to compete with Dan the man Russell.

Sekeres can't get through a sentence without stumbling and bumbling, and yes the more I listen to BP, if you don't agree with him, he pushes the button. BY far, Taylor and BMac, do the best job, and are a better duo than Pratt and Taylor ever were.

Archived