How the Canucks have Developed Tanev So Nicely

I really am impressed with how we develop players now. We developed

-Sedins

-Kesler

Schneider

Bieska

Edler

-Burrows

All of them except the Sedins played in Manitoba.

We then developed Hodgson to some degree and now Eddie Lack. I think the canucks development program has been terrific in the last 10 years.

I like Tanev too. Can wait to see what he can do in a full year here in Van.

Salo and Rome had to go to make room for the youngsters, otherwise what is the use of having those good young D man age 20-22.

Hope he has a great career here and adds some offensive numbers eventually too.

Sorry, but I dont like Tanev's play, he's below average. He gets hit hard everytime he goes behind the net

I dont see what you guys see in him, he's not physical, dont see him putting up big points, or even being a decent stay at home

defender

Chris Tanev without a doubt is an amazing player for his young age, and he is one of the most reliable players on defense on our team. The way he controls the puck and directs traffic is something you rarely see in players his age, and he is just calm, cool, and collective. He makes plays as if he's been in th league for 10+ years, ones that only veterans can make.

While you may have exaggerated on some points (most reliable on team?), I do agree with your overall point, which is the Canucks have done a great job developing his game.

I hope he can work on his size and aggression, because his defensive abilities are solid, and if he can get a better shot (nothing amazing, just enough that it hits the net hard enough to be considered, you know, a shot) I think he has a future as a solid NHLer as either a 3rd pairing guy, or even as much as a second pairing if he really improves (or plays on Edmonton!).

It's because he makes safe high percentage plays, so AV trusts him and gives him ice time.

I think Connauton will have a much tougher time developing here because he doesn't always make the best plays in his own zone.

Hopefully his offensive game can make up for that though.

Archived