The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Offseason 2013 - Mr. Disappointment?

Evil Roach

Judging from the overwhelming numbers of CDC users that say the word "Weber" in every thread that has something to do with either "next year" or "defencemen" has led me to believe that Offseaon 2013 might be Mr. Disappointment for us...

I'm going to guess all of us, including me would die to have Shea Weber on our team. I feel that we might be setting ourselves up for a huge let down.

There are other factors that go in to an NHLers mind than just "coming home". Yes, it happened with Hamhuis and Garrison but this doesn't mean it will automatically happen to Weber.

Some topics lately, have been about trading Alex Edler, to make room for Weber in the Top 4. Since when was Weber for sure a Canuck?

Let say David Poile pulls the unthinkable (not really) and resigns Weber to a contract, then what?

Let's say, Shea Weber cashes in free agent, then what?

What if money was more important than "coming home" to Weber, then what?

What if Weber loves country music, then what?

What if Weber likes George Strait better than The Odds, then what?

This might be Justin Schultz x100 let down if Weber doesn't sign with us.

Yes, "a man can dream" but all I'm saying is, Weber is not sure shot Canuck by next season until his picture is on the front page of CDC...all of us CDC users are just setting ourselves up for a whole lot of pain if he doesn't sign. Agreed?

I'm not sure why everybody thinks it's near impossible to land Weber. Lets face the reality: He doesn't want to play in Nashville anymore, more so with Suter gone. That leaves him to decide, does he want money and play on a sub-par team? Or come home and play on a contender? Obviously he won't sign for money, that's why He won't sign in Nashville. So he would like to play on a contender. So who do we have? Canucks, Penguins, Wings, Sharks, Philly, and LA. So really it's down to only 6-8 teams and Canucks are definetely one of them. Last I checked 1 in 8 aren't long shots at all. Plus, ofcourse, this is his hometown. And the Canucks won't low ball him either, he woud definetely get North of $7.5M here anyway.

Canucks are not getting Weber. Canucks have a little more than 19 mil for next year, Edler will take about 5-6mil and burrows could eat up 3-4 mil. Which leaves the Canucks with around 9 to 10 mil to sign 9 other players.

I'm not sure why everybody thinks it's near impossible to land Weber. Lets face the reality: He doesn't want to play in Nashville anymore, more so with Suter gone. That leaves him to decide, does he want money and play on a sub-par team? Or come home and play on a contender? Obviously he won't sign for money, that's why He won't sign in Nashville. So he would like to play on a contender. So who do we have? Canucks, Penguins, Wings, Sharks, Philly, and LA. So really it's down to only 6-8 teams and Canucks are definetely one of them. Last I checked 1 in 8 aren't long shots at all. Plus, ofcourse, this is his hometown. And the Canucks won't low ball him either, he woud definetely get North of $7.5M here anyway.

Judging from the overwhelming numbers of CDC users that say the word "Weber" in every thread that has something to do with either "next year" or "defencemen" has led me to believe that Offseaon 2013 might be Mr. Disappointment for us...

I'm going to guess all of us, including me would die to have Shea Weber on our team. I feel that we might be setting ourselves up for a huge let down.

There are other factors that go in to an NHLers mind than just "coming home". Yes, it happened with Hamhuis and Garrison but this doesn't mean it will automatically happen to Weber.

Some topics lately, have been about trading Alex Edler, to make room for Weber in the Top 4. Since when was Weber for sure a Canuck?

Let say David Poile pulls the unthinkable (not really) and resigns Weber to a contract, then what?

Let's say, She Weber cashes in free agent, then what?

What if money was more important than "coming home" to Weber, then what?

What if Weber loves country music, then what?

What if Weber likes George Strait better than The Odds, then what?

This might be Justin Schultz x100 let down if Weber doesn't sign with us.

Yes, "a man can dream" but all I'm saying is, Weber is not sure shot Canuck by next season until his picture is on the front page of CDC...all of us CDC users are just setting ourselves up for a whole lot of pain if he doesn't sign. Agreed?

Its an extremely disappointing off-season. While other teams get better, we're going no where but side ways. We're still stuck in the Luongo saga, lost a fan favorite in Salo and have added nothing to our offence. I'm loosing faith in MG.

Archived