The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dan Ellis wants back up job with Canucks.

vancanfan

Because he hasn't been a full time starting goalie for 3 years now, and has been a backup for about 3 years, so his work load has dropped big time from when he played in the AHL. Being a starting goalie in the NHL is a lot different then being a starting goalie in the AHL, and not being a starting goalie for 3 years now will affect him one way or another. I believe the fatigue will catch up to him after about 35-40 games. He wont be having these 6-10 game breaks like he has been as a back up, he will be playing 6-10 games straight and it will take him time to get used to it again, obviously not right away, but 35-40 games in, it will start to catch up to him. This is a learning experience for Cory this year, he will learn a lot being a starting goalie, things he will find out he never knew, but these things will make him just that much of a better goalie in the future. I really hope Cory does well and I do believe he has the ability to be really great, just am I expecting him to be the best goalie in the league in his first year as a starting goalie? no, I believe in time he could easily be, but not in his first year as a starting goalie. Like I said it's a learning experience now for Cory, and he will struggle at times, but these are things he will learn from, but when that does happen CDC will be in a panic.

seriously what the hell is wrong with people thinking Schneider is going to struggle? There is no way that he stumbles or falters at any point next year. Do you not remember last year? He had maybe one so so game the entire year and thrived when arguably the season was on the line, mid point of the season, and then when the season was on the line he played unbelievable. He is going to compete for the Vezina next year.

seriously what the hell is wrong with people thinking Schneider is going to struggle? There is no way that he stumbles or falters at any point next year. Do you not remember last year? He had maybe one so so game the entire year and thrived when arguably the season was on the line, mid point of the season, and then when the season was on the line he played unbelievable. He is going to compete for the Vezina next year.

I don't want us to have to rely on guys like Theodore, Ellis and Huet if Schneider plays badly and doesn't cope well with 60-70 games which is a VERY likely outcome.

Keep Luongo or this team is going to go through some dark times with 2 struggling goalies. We've got something good here, don't tamper with it MG. Better to have 2 great goalies working a tandem perfectly at 9 million than a "starting goalie" struggling with a heavy workload and a backup who has moved around the league because he's so terrible for 6 million.

I think even Schneider is prepared for the worst, any hockey fan or player knows that its not easy to win a cup and you can't expect anything, you gotta work your balls off and yes their are some hard times in a season for every player and every team, I think Schneider would benefit from being taken off the pedestal.

I don't want us to have to rely on guys like Theodore, Ellis and Huet if Schneider plays badly and doesn't cope well with 60-70 games which is a VERY likely outcome.

Keep Luongo or this team is going to go through some dark times with 2 struggling goalies. We've got something good here, don't tamper with it MG. Better to have 2 great goalies working a tandem perfectly at 9 million than a "starting goalie" struggling with a heavy workload and a backup who has moved around the league because he's so terrible for 6 million.

He never asked for a trade. He's just not an idiot and can see that the team wanted to go with Cory and he said he wouldn't stand in the way of that.

He never asked for a trade. (Isn't this the same as number 1?)

He's in the WSOP because he's an avid poker player. He doesn't consider himself to be of the best in the world and I'm sure he plans to be playing hockey in October.

This point is just your opinion. He probably is going but it's not because of a huge ego.

BTW: It might not be as "likely" as the OP but still possible for Schnieds to s**t the bed.

Archived