The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dan Ellis wants back up job with Canucks.

vancanfan

Dude, unless you've been an AHL/NHL goalie, be quiet--you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about on such matters. In order to even make the team all Canucks players have to be in AMAZING physical shape. If he wasn't assessed by the professionals on the Canucks staff to be physically fit enough to string together 50-60 games, they would have never signed him to a starter's contract in a million years.

Unless you were talking about it mentally, in which case you have no idea what you're talking about either. In all the games I've seen Schneider, not once has he gotten rattled, even after letting in the rare bad goal. All this "oh man I figure he'll wear out by 35 games" crap is pure speculation at best.

• 3 months later...

Good week for Dan Ellis.

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Charlotte Checkers goaltender Dan Ellis has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Oct. 28, 2012.

Ellis was perfect in two appearances last week as the Checkers continued their season-opening road trip and held onto the best record in the Western Conference..........

.........Ellis, who signed a tryout with Charlotte on Sept. 24, 2012, is 3-0-1 in four appearances for the Checkers. He ranks second in the AHL with a 1.07 goals-against average and first with a .967 save percentage, allowing just four goals on 120 shots to date. The native of Saskatoon, Sask., returned to the AHL this fall after spending the last five seasons in the National Hockey League, where he led the league in save percentage in 2007-08 and shows a record of 72-57-15 with 12 shutouts in 165 games with Dallas, Nashville, Tampa Bay and Anaheim. Originally a second-round draft choice by Dallas in 2000, Ellis is 64-67-3 with 10 shutouts in 144 career AHL appearances.

I don't think op was being negative towards Cory, if anything he was just being a realist. I consider Lou and Cory both outstanding goaltenders, there is no question that either one of them would probably make any team a little better.I think op was just trying to say that Cory has a total of what, 60 games NHL experience compared to Lou's 700+. Cory is an unreal tender and if he is the one left standing between the pipes once the CBA is finalized, then so be it, we will still be great. With that being said, I am just hoping the fans that chased Lou out of here be careful what they wish for. Because I sure as hell wouldn't wanna be staring into Luongo's mask come playoffs any time soon.

• 2 months later...

Archived