The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mutiny fear in Israeli army as religious Zionists gain influence

key2thecup

So we're posting about what positive dreamers can accomplish in the world, what positve dreamers have in fact accomplished in the world, and we're subjected to 3 minutes and 20 seconds of religious claptrap. *slow clap*

So we're posting that positive dreamers can accomplish positive change in the world and giving examples of those dreamers and we're subjected to 3 minutes and 20 seconds of repetitive religious claptrap. *slow clap*

At least some of us were staying on topic with the off-topic tangent. :picard:

Really - who was staying on topic? If you're going to chastize people for going off topic - make sure you are at least fair and apply that to everyone who goes off topic.

As far as what is "positive" that's depends on the viewpoint - as they say - beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Really - who was staying on topic? If you're going to chastize people for going off topic - make sure you are at least fair and apply that to everyone who goes off topic.

As far as what is "positive" that's depends on the viewpoint - as they say - beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Being positive means exactly that. Means we do not need put others down to exist in our daily lives. It means we are optimistic about the future, and accept people as they are.

Being positive is also not free. It requires maintenance. First and foremost it requires us to remain focused and positive. We respect other peoples boundaries.

But we cannot control others. Egro we must put up healthy boundaries. This includes defending your position when others simply attack it.

If an Atheist would come here and make a POSITIVE case for being the said Atheist, I would tip my hat and say fine. Its ok with me There is no break of a boundary.

However, they NEED to attack people of faith. Why? Again, with healthy boundaries, you have no need to attack others way of life.

It becomes persecution. its not right, its not healthy and it usually means other issues are in play.

Here is an article I dug up on healthy self esteem and setting boundaries. .

http://www.selfgrowt...importance.html

i have never met a true Atheist who was happy, healthy, but then claim there is no God and all those who believe are idiots .

Its like saying..........I am happy but whoever doesn't agree with me can go @$%#$% themselves :huh: .

The only thing we can do is call them out speciifcally on the fact they are crossing boundaries . The point that they are atheists doesnt matter as long as they respect others.

But my experience with them for 30 years says if you take away their whining about God in various arenas , there is nothing else for them to talk about.

You might want to read what I wrote again, Heretic. In the context it was written.

And really, you're saying Martin Luther King and A. Philip Randolph have only effected positive change in the world according to my viewpoint? Sorry, the 'viewpoints' of millions of people in regard to this particular issue would state otherwise. :picard:

You know, Heretic, over the years we've both been on this board, and through the saga of the God thread, I've never gone after your religion or your freedom to believe what you wish. I have made my sentiments clear on how I feel about fundamentalist Christian churches and the Catholic church, but never made it personal. In fact, I have vigorously defended you at times despite my not always agreeing with you, sometimes at the expense of my friendship with other people on this board. Sometimes it's very difficult to support you when you come into a granted 'off-topic' tangent (and I never said it wasn't one) and cannot resist throwing in some religious video that wasn't even on topic to the off topic tangent and most certainly not on topic with the original topic. It's disappointing, to say the least.

I'd just like to add, people always say theism has killed many in the past with wars ect...

this is true and I agree, however we must remember that atheism has also slaughtered.....

the communist regimes were atheist... Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Mussolini, combined killed hundreds of millions.

Now that being said Im not equating a modern day theist or atheist with the crimes of the past, not at all thats wrong to do so.

=============================================

For the record Im neither Theist or Atheist.... I don't know what category I fall into it, all I know is Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Jainism and any other ism I missed, all have a certain amount of great knowledge embedded in them, now you don't have to become baptized to take some of these teachings and apply them to your modern life.

example, I view the 10 commandments of Christianity favourably and see them as helping keep morality, I view the principles of Sikhism in good light about how we are all equal, Hinduism and the Bhagavad Gita, Buddhism and its philosophy ect ect ect..

and the same time, Atheism provokes some of the deepest thought in me..

All Im trying to get at is... it doesn't have to be a choice of "I'm a _____ and everything else is wrong"...... you can explore and take teachings from various sources and morph them into your own philosophy on life.

Archived