The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mutiny fear in Israeli army as religious Zionists gain influence

key2thecup

Ya because it's their damn home that they've lived for centuries, of course they want their country back. How would you feel if you were them? Having a foreign people, under the will of Zionists, force-ably take away their land claiming its theirs because the bible said so. It's pure quackery.

You dodged first!

No wait - he did!

You did!

Seriously? You had a question?

Did someone say that all Israeli Zionists were religious? No Idea. It had nothing to do with my question.

You said this to Taxi:

And I said:

"Those blaming it just on religion for starters. ;) "

Edit: And you also said this:

Seem pretty generalizing to me.

I concur. I do wonder though what the underlying issue is in humanity that drives us to religion...i mean aside from the 12-21 years of indoctrination from the age of FETUS to adulthood. I guess that goes a long way to drive home the messaging, but I wonder if there is some physiological requirement to buy into some mass delusion? I am still thinking my way around that concept, but I know three things: God, Allah, Zues and all the rest do not exist. ALiens, if they do exist do not come to earth to probe our poor trailer dwellers orifaces, and lastly, i know that the fun of it is that there is no proof either way, these things will be argued over forever, as they are the ultimate Schroedingers Cat. God is both dead and alive because he refuses to come out of the box.

Actually, you took that quote of mine out of context, in relation to the subject matter that I was asking 'Taxi' about.......go figure.

As it relates to the topic of Zionists, I actually said:

Doesn't seem like I was generalizing about Zionists, Israelis, or Jews, actually.

I concur. I do wonder though what the underlying issue is in humanity that drives us to religion...i mean aside from the 12-21 years of indoctrination from the age of FETUS to adulthood. I guess that goes a long way to drive home the messaging, but I wonder if there is some physiological requirement to buy into some mass delusion? I am still thinking my way around that concept, but I know three things: God, Allah, Zues and all the rest do not exist. ALiens, if they do exist do not come to earth to probe our poor trailer dwellers orifaces, and lastly, i know that the fun of it is that there is no proof either way, these things will be argued over forever, as they are the ultimate Schroedingers Cat. God is both dead and alive because he refuses to come out of the box.

If you also said - "not all religion is bad" or "not all those who follow a religion are bad" then maybe I would believe you - sorry - you can't dodge Trinity. Not this time - keep deflecting or just admit it, ...

Look...I only want to hear 5 things from you.

I;m not deflecting anything....I'm pointedly showing you that I wasn't and didn't generalize Israeli Zionists.....which again, for the 2nd time, is why I'm asking you to show me where I did...since that's what I was asking 'Taxi' do to by asking him/her who the "you guys' were who were generalizing.

Do you have an answer to that, or are you going to continue to evade and dodge by asking questions that are tangential to the question i'm once again reiterating, or will you willfully ignore it once again in a show of obtuseness?

I already answered your "question" SharpDodger:

Again, you said:

I did not say you were generalizing Israeli Zionists - I said you were generalizing religion. :frantic:

Sharpshooter, I have five words i wanna hear from you: you know Heretic., you're a great guy and a great worker and i love you like a son, you were right, and i'm sorry. Actually that's more like 20 words or something but how about just: Heretic., i'm sorry, and i love ya.

So, you came into a conversation between Taxi and myself and answered a question, meant specifically for him, that I specifically posed to him, and answered it with something that had nothing to do in regards to the accusations of generalization around Israeli Zionists, but rather had to do with an unrelated comment that I made to someone else, about something else? :huh:

Edit - By the way, nice try in attempting to edit your post in order to not look like a puerile child by calling me by an equally puerile name. I've said it before and i'll say it again, since you didn't heed my advice to you the previous occasion. Grow up.

Not sure what 'complexity' of his you were trying to show, in regards to his views on Israeli Zionism, with that particular clip, since he didn't address Zionism at all.

He did however, reiterate his views against the Israeli occupation of Palestine and for a 2 state solution, as he's always said.

Archived