The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Completing the Offseason

hey guys,

Here are a few trades and signings to complete the offseason.

Trade #1:

So obvioulsy Bobby Ryan is on the block in Anaheim and if we could aquire him we would have a chance to put together a new and improved AMEX line which would be a first line on alot of teams.

Also, in the last few games of the playoffs, Keith Ballard played very well and flew under the radar. If he can be solid and reliable next year I think he could play a top 4 role. If he doesn't play a top 4 role next year, I dont really think we should keep him given his hefty cap hit.

So, this trade would solve both situations:

Canucks:

- B. Ryan

Ducks:

- A. Edler

- M. Raymond

- C. Tanev

I know it looks like we are overpaying but you have to consider the fact that teams like Philly and the Rangers are gonna go hard after Ryan as well so we are going to need to give up quite a bit.

Trade #2:

This is the Luongo deal. While many beleive the deal is going to be done with Florida, Vancouver could probably get more back from Toronto.

Joe Colborne is a big, physical guy who could turn into a really good center some day. We also add some young defensive depth with Cody Franson.It is also worth noting that Franson is from Sicamous, BC and lived just down the street and grew up playing hockey with a guy by the name of Shea Weber. This could give us an advantage if Weber goes to free agency next year.

Canucks:

- J. Colborne

- C. Franson

- 1st Round Pick (2013)

Maple Leafs:

- R. Luongo

- Y. Sauve

Signings:

- Colin White (2 yrs, $1.3 M per) Reliable, physical depth guy could be a good mentor for Franson

- Dan Ellis (2 yrs, $1 M per) back up for Schneids

Our Lines:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - A. Burrows

D. Booth - R. Kesler - B. Ryan

C. Higgins - M. Lapierre - J. Hansen

A. Volpatti - M. Malhotra - Z. Kassian

J. Colborne

D. Hamhuis - K. Bieksa

K. Ballard - J. Garrison

C. White - C. Franson

A. Alberts

C. Schneider