The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The only word to describe what I'm feeling right now is, "betrayed". And "outraged". So it's two words, sue me.

This is something that digs down to the core of our society. This is exemplary of every wrong done against the common man and I will not stand for it. My confidence in Canadian consumer protections has been shattered.

I am of course talking about the Britannia Bourbon Cream Biscuits. It made me choke on my own impotent outrage to witness them cheat me out of two packs of biscuits. Replaced by a box. A BOX! Inside another box. The box is the size of two packs of biscuits and it takes up precisely that space that I expected to be occupied by my biscuits. Now don't get me wrong, these biscuits aren't anything to write to mama, but I paid for them goddammit and I wants it. As evidence, I present to you these photos taken of the last biscuit pack, the packaging, and the traitorous box.

07162012108.jpg

07162012106.jpg

This is the kind of thing that brings companies down. I encourage everyone to boycott Britannia for their shady methods. I may be half-facetious, but this is a real problem that falls into that interesting space between being big enough to complain and small enough to pretend to not care. On the one hand, it's ???? biscuits, but on the other they just bummed me out and forced me to go on this rant instead of smoking a bowl. I mean seriously, what's next? Do I keep silent when a gas station cheats me out of 10% of my gas? With these prices? Imagine going for a can of coke and pulling out a box instead of can #12? We all know the last can is the best.

Do I write a complaint letter? Do I speak up for the little guy? Do I post this to reddit and hope the currents take it? Or do I just let it go. Let another poor soul put their trust into, and have it crushed by, this awful brand? This is a dilemma for the ages. I shall ponder some more.

Take a small bite off of two corners diagonally from each other. Dip one of those corners into a coffee, and suck the coffee through from the other end.

Melted chocolaty coffee goodness will ensue.

btw I agree that this is totally outrageous.

Phone their customer service number, explain situation, advise that you are attaching pictures of box and contents and send email with copy of receipt, demand restitution, intimate the seeking of legal counsel if restitution isn't satisfactory and expeditious.

Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Outrageous! what is the world coming to when an obese stoner in a first world nation is denied the ability to eat 4 packs of sugary biscuits and instead must suffer the humilation and indignity of having to settle for just 2. Having to settle for just 2? Did the founding fathers of America settle for just 2 colonies? Did the brave men who fought and died in WW2 do so, so obese stoners could be deprived 2 boxes of biscuits? My answer is no! No way No Sir! If we let this atrocity go unaswered the terriorists win!

If we don't draw a line in the sand here and make our stand what's next? Bags of chips that are only 3/4 full? Wendy's soft drinks filled with 97% ice? Donuts with holes cut out of the middle? If we here in Canada lose our Obese stoners we lose our identity so I say we stand together and we unite in Ottawa in a million stoner march and show the fat cats in Ottawa and Washington and all the world that we're here, we're stoned and we won't be deprived our munchies!!!

It said on the package that there was only going to be five packets inside. And the weight is clearly marked. If you don't know how much each biscuit weighs and couldn't approximate for yourself how many were going to be inside, well, you've only yourself to blame.

By purchasing the treats, you entered into a contract with Britannia (who, in good faith, put all the information in large letters on the box) and agreed to waive supplementary consumer rights. This thread is an act of slander. Expect a call.

Outrageous! what is the world coming to when an obese stoner in a first world nation is denied the ability to eat 4 packs of sugary biscuits and instead must suffer the humilation and indignity of having to settle for just 2. Having to settle for just 2? Did the founding fathers of America settle for just 2 colonies? Did the brave men who fought and died in WW2 do so, so obese stoners could be deprived 2 boxes of biscuits? My answer is no! No way No Sir! If we let this atrocity go unaswered the terriorists win!

If we don't draw a line in the sand here and make our stand what's next? Bags of chips that are only 3/4 full? Wendy's soft drinks filled with 97% ice? Donuts with holes cut out of the middle? If we here in Canada lose our Obese stoners we lose our identity so I say we stand together and we unite in Ottawa in a million stoner march and show the fat cats in Ottawa and Washington and all the world that we're here, we're stoned and we won't be deprived our munchies!!!

I've been called stupid on this board many times, but never fat. I happen to have gained a little after my back surgery, before which I was a fit framer. Stoners aren't all obese, dummy.

Archived