The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Halo Web Series) Forward Unto Dawn

Bigturk8

To build excitement for Halo 4 this November, 343 studios is releasing a web mini-series called Forward Unto Dawn. I've been a big fan of the franchise for 11 years and after watching the trailer, I'm unbelievably excited.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca3Y8Ws3plI

(If there is already a thread on this, I will be very disappointed in the search function)

I figured the "Halo is overrated" people would come in here.

I've got no beef with the fact that you don't enjoy the game; However, I do think it's funny that you're trying to deter people from it. The Halo fan base is established. You're not going to change minds by coming in here and slandering. The thread is for people who are in fact interested and enjoy the franchise such as myself.

PS. I enjoy Half-Life 3 aswell.

Big Valve and Blizzard fan but I'm going to have to disagree, the Halo series is probably one of the best FPS games ever made. It's unfortunate that they have this "12 year olds screaming into the mic" stigma.

Still I think there's somewhere around ~150K people logged in at any time playing Halo3, and it came out in 07?

The fact that something is overrated does not necessarily mean it is bad. I thought The Avengers was a good movie, but it was overrated. I enjoyed playing Halo for many hours with my friends. I am not trying to deter anyone from playing those games.

Saw some of the gameplay from E3 and it looks great. I was already going to buy it because I bought Halo 2 and 3 but then I played Halo Anniversary and ODST this summer and realized that I love the Halo universe and so long as they keep releasing Halo games, I'll just keep buying lol!

I am a huge halo fan, so watching this will be a no brainer. You can see a lot of it was film around Vancouver and especially at SFU. Halo has always had some cool live action commercials. Just go look at some of the Halo Reach ones. Pretty cool for only being 1 min long. I am pretty excited to watch this and get hyped for the game. The director of District 9 started off making a Halo commercial and was originally signed up to direct the Halo live action movie before it got canned and he went on to District 9

I think the reason I choose Halo over other FPS is the futuristic setting. I am more of a sci-fi guy. I have played COD but I have never been the one to get into the realistic shooting, same with counterstrike. The only thing Half Life is missing, is the large multi player following. Obviously the story for that game is top notch.

But back to the web series, look like it might have some cheesy acting from time to time but could have some cool action sequences

I am a huge halo fan, so watching this will be a no brainer. You can see a lot of it was film around Vancouver and especially at SFU. Halo has always had some cool live action commercials. Just go look at some of the Halo Reach ones. Pretty cool for only being 1 min long. I am pretty excited to watch this and get hyped for the game. The director of District 9 started off making a Halo commercial and was originally signed up to direct the Halo live action movie before it got canned and he went on to District 9

I think the reason I choose Halo over other FPS is the futuristic setting. I am more of a sci-fi guy. I have played COD but I have never been the one to get into the realistic shooting, same with counterstrike. The only thing Half Life is missing, is the large multi player following. Obviously the story for that game is top notch.

But back to the web series, look like it might have some cheesy acting from time to time but could have some cool action sequences

Archived