The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

:(

Navyblue

If you think that the break up was justified, than that's all that matters. You said that she had been "gettIng distant and started wondering" recently....so I'd say that's a pretty good indicator that something's wrong....especially that early in a relationship. Move on to the next...lots of fish to fry! ;)

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the words of support. You're right

Just to re-visit my thoughts last night...

I guess I can't really comment on her behaviour whole-heartedly... I've never used the online dating method, so I don't know what's considered normal and what's not.

HOWEVER just in the context of dating in general, I'd say you made a respectable call. My feeling is that she was more interested in the guy(s) she was checking out, and was keeping you around in case they didn't pan out. Keep in mind, if she's not satisfied with you to begin with, she'll constantly be looking for someone "better", and you'd eventually be hurt in the end anyway; and let me tell you, it's a lot better to be hurt now as opposed to a few years down the road.

I don't know how many chances you gave her, but it might not have been a bad move to tell her straight up that you weren't going to settle for second-best, and ask her to call you when you wouldn't be. That way, you would've left the ball in her court, and it would be up to her to realize that you were after a serious relationship, nothing casual.

It sounds like you were pretty emotionally invested in her. Keep your head up... I know how you feel, and I'm sure most guys have gone through this at one point or another. Finding the next one is not a matter of if, it's more of a matter of when. And when you do find her, you'll realize how things were for the best that they didn't work out with this girl. I was absolutely lead on by another girl a few months ago, and while I was absolutely devastated for a week or two, my current GF makes me realize how lucky I was to have things pan out with the girl before.

You are 25 and there will be more of this I sadly guarantee it. Women are creatures of habit just like us neanderthals. I think you may have over reacted a bit, but if your gut feeling told you she was not being honest and you busted her with the evidence then you could have talked it out and addressed what the issue really was. If she is a playa then you did the right thing. If not you may be telling this story to your buddies about the one that got away. Burning bridges is never the answer. Build them up to get where you want to go.

You are 25 and there will be more of this I sadly guarantee it. Women are creatures of habit just like us neanderthals. I think you may have over reacted a bit, but if your gut feeling told you she was not being honest and you busted her with the evidence then you could have talked it out and addressed what the issue really was. If she is a playa then you did the right thing. If not you may be telling this story to your buddies about the one that got away. Burning bridges is never the answer. Build them up to get where you want to go.

One of my closest friends is on his mission to find the perfect woman. It is an ongoing process yes, but what I have learned over the years from him is to never piss the lady off to the point where she does not even want to see your face. Dont yell just talk, soooo much more will be uncovered on both sides. Mainly though there is always that chance of booty call if she is still into you but not the relationship :bigblush:

Over lying? The topic of online dating came up when she accidentally showed me her frequent sites list. She said she wasn't using it any more due to us seeing each other exclusively.

A couple weeks later, I felt she was a little distant and started wondering. I check the site and see that she's still active on it.

So, you're saying that breaking up is over reacting? I do admit I have some trust issues, but I feel that this is warranted. She was trying to have her cake and eat it to as in have me treating her like gold taking her out for dinner, movies, icecream, the whole gentleman ball of wax, because I thought we were an item, while getting attention/fishing for other guys on the side when I'm not there. That's not the type of person I want to be with. I like to be chivalrous but only when the respect is returned.

It isn't out of insecurity either...I keep myself in great shape, I strive to be the best I can be at most things I do, and I've never had a problem getting a date....I just ???? hate being lied to.

Here is my .o2

I want to take both of you at your word.

You really liked her and you seemed to click. In my experience this kind of chemistry has to go both ways , so at least to some degree she feels it too.

She doesn't know you that well so she is still hedging her bets by keeping her options open. We all do this in our minds . We just dont do anything to potentially hurt the other person . We keep it t ourselves and perhaps our best friend.

The idea that you were being exclusive is great ,but its hard to maintain that kind of trust after one month. There will be doubts, and habits of being single die hard.

That being said, sneaking off on the internet to keep her options open is crossing a line to me . Its not simple flirting at the water cooler . Its specific to dating and purposefully designed to let potential mates think you are interested.

She thought it was harmless but the bottom line is you caught her and she needs to take her lumps. If she is half the girl you claim she is, she will put her tail between her legs and apologize.

If she apologizes, she really intended to get serious with you and I would brush it off as no biggie. She was at a stupid dating site so what right? Downplay it and get rid of it. If she does it again.............bye.

If she doesn't apologize and pretends to be HURT , she doesnt respect you and you need to move on.

Hope it works out dude.

Archived