The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Whatever Goes Around Comes Around

Bobby Clark did the same with Kesler and it was the Flyer organization that Clark was employed with at the time. The Flyers are going to be a very hated on organization and I'm certain that many G.M's are taking notice of their underhanded tactics. Although there is no written rule that prevents their actions, there is an underlying code amongst all G.M.'s in regards to poaching another teams RFA's. Gillis tried the same with Backes and St. Louis fired back showing their displeasure with an offer to Bernier.

With the level of respect between players diminishing, it appears that the respect between G.M.'s is slowly following suit. What has become of todays society?

With Holmgren currently offer sheeting Weber, if Nashville cannot match and walk away empty handed essentially, it would leave them with 4 1st round picks, a whole lotta cap to work with, and a Philly team with no cap flexibility.

Now the saying "whatever goes around comes around", I think with a new CBA about to be made and all the NHL teams shocked with the Weber news, chaos can break out and you may just see offer sheets left and right. I think it'd be awesome if Nashville loses Weber, and then they offer sheet Voracek and easily get him cause the Flyers will have no cap. Then next off-season, Philly has Schenn, Courturier, Hartnell, Read, and Wellwood all free agents, and with them not being able to sign all of them cause of no cap flexibility, it'd be even that much funnier, entertaining, and awesome to see Poile offer sheet 3/4 of those players cause Phily will only have enough to sign 1/4 of them as all the players will want a raise.

...Weber gets offer sheeted by Philly, Preds can't match and Philly is left with no cap room as Nashville has tons of cap. Right after, Poile offer sheets Voracek, Philly can't match and Preds land him. Fast forward a year, Poile, still pissed at Philly, offer sheets Read, Schenn, Courturier, and Wellwood but leave Hartnell as he is the only player Philly is able to retain. Philly still stuck financially can't match and Nashville steals them all.

It'd teach Holmgren a lesson to respect other teams as he doesn't believe in doing so with his dirty tactics, and after everything is all done, Philly steals Nashville's best dman and in return, Nashville steals all of Phily's forward depth. I would love for this to happen :lol:

Bobby Clark did the same with Kesler and it was the Flyer organization that Clark was employed with at the time. The Flyers are going to be a very hated on organization and I'm certain that many G.M's are taking notice of their underhanded tactics. Although there is no written rule that prevents their actions, there is an underlying code amongst all G.M.'s in regards to poaching another teams RFA's. Gillis tried the same with Backes and St. Louis fired back showing their displeasure with an offer to Bernier.

With the level of respect between players diminishing, it appears that the respect between G.M.'s is slowly following suit. What has become of todays society?

With Holmgren currently offer sheeting Weber, if Nashville cannot match and walk away empty handed essentially, it would leave them with 4 1st round picks, a whole lotta cap to work with, and a Philly team with no cap flexibility.

Now the saying "whatever goes around comes around", I think with a new CBA about to be made and all the NHL teams shocked with the Weber news, chaos can break out and you may just see offer sheets left and right. I think it'd be awesome if Nashville loses Weber, and then they offer sheet Voracek and easily get him cause the Flyers will have no cap. Then next off-season, Philly has Schenn, Courturier, Hartnell, Read, and Wellwood all free agents, and with them not being able to sign all of them cause of no cap flexibility, it'd be even that much funnier, entertaining, and awesome to see Poile offer sheet 3/4 of those players cause Phily will only have enough to sign 1/4 of them as all the players will want a raise.

...Weber gets offer sheeted by Philly, Preds can't match and Philly is left with no cap room as Nashville has tons of cap. Right after, Poile offer sheets Voracek, Philly can't match and Preds land him. Fast forward a year, Poile, still pissed at Philly, offer sheets Read, Schenn, Courturier, and Wellwood but leave Hartnell as he is the only player Philly is able to retain. Philly still stuck financially can't match and Nashville steals them all.

It'd teach Holmgren a lesson to respect other teams as he doesn't believe in doing so with his dirty tactics, and after everything is all done, Philly steals Nashville's best dman and in return, Nashville steals all of Phily's forward depth. I would love for this to happen :lol:

I love Holmgrens style. He doesn't dick around. Something I wish our GM would be willing to do a bit more.

Besides, Pronger most likely isn't playing anymore, Timmonen is UFA next year. They will be fine for cap space.

How has no one brought this up yet?

When offer sheeting a player, the draft picks compensation must be the team's draft picks. So if nashville sent an offer sheet to one of those players, and the player signs it, their 1st, 2nd, or 3rd will be exchanged and cannot sign any more offer sheets regarding the compensation anymore.. The worst that can happen is Nashville offer sheets one player per year, or hopes the compensation picks don't overlap.

I like your brilliantly evil mind though.

Archived