The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I love you Sedins. 12.2M for both Sedins in this era is a blessing

Sedinry

With all this money talk, about Weber, Suter, Parise, let me just say, I love the Sedins.

At 6.1m, seeing as they are top 5 in this league, and I personally would take D.Sedin over Parise as left wing any day.

I may be biased but fact remains, D.Sedin IMO is a better player and is AAV 6.1m vs Parise @ 12m.

We are basically getting both Sedins for the price of what Zach Parise is going for the next 3 years.

What sucks for other NHL players is how the rise in Cap means players who had longer terms are now getting crap money comparably. I mean Parise is getting Crosby money, he is worth that, no.

Either way, thank you Sedins, not only for your play on ice, for your community work and hard work throughout the year but for staying in Vancouver for almost 3+ Million less than what you would fetch on the market.

Love your best fan,

Sedinry

man how many times does it have to get through all of your heads you can't compare what people just signed for with what others signed for previously. Its a completely different story. Salary Cap was a lot lower back when the Sedins signed. It was about 10 million less than now! Wait for their contract's to end they'll be making close to 9 million.

I was just thinking about this, and how it would have been much, much better had MG signed the Sedins longer-term as well - having them at $6.1m for the bulk of the contract and tailing off in their late 30s for a cap hit between $4-5m or so would have been even more amazing. Hopefully with the new CBA restructuring, it'll bring the ridiculous contracts a little more under control and the Canucks'll be able to re-sign them at a good price again so they can retire here.

$7M(cap hit or salary) is too much for anyone, whether you are a Gretzky, Parise, Crosby, Ovechkin, etc. NHL needs to make a maximum of cap hit of $6M

Sedins make decent money and they have been the best duo (and probably the best productive players) in the past 3-5 years. Canucks are lucky to have good contracts. I would rather have money to spend on players than have 2 stars on the team who is struggling to compete in this league.

Archived