The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shane Doan has begun to visit/meet with teams for his services

After the whistle stuff isn't what defines a power forward. It's what defines a goon. That said, the size that comes with being a power forward can often translate into post-whistle goonery. Powerforward stuff is using your size to protect the puck, drive the net, own the crease, and of course lay big hits.

Lol

How naive are you.

If his price tag exceeds 5.5 mil, Gillis just packs it in and leaves. If you would give a 35 year old as much or more money than Sedins when his production is trending downwards....

I'm just glad you arent the GM.

After the whistle stuff is one of the MANY things that defines a power forward. Along with playing big, and being a threat offensively.

Bertuzzi, Lucic, a prime Iginla, Nolan... Doan?

Doan would help us a lot. But he is not really a power forward. I'm just providing descriptions to help the... ignorant.

He could mentor Kassian, no doubt. But IMO, Doan is not a true power forward. This is one of the many points I annoy people over.

IMO a real power forward looks for trouble in between the whistles. Always ready to fight. Like Lucic. Doan can fight--sometimes.

I'd say he is more of a big forward. That is also something this team could use in their top six. Someone who isn't just big, but plays big.

Oh my, throws my words at me... so very damaging. :rolleyes: You haven't described anything. So what is it, specifically, that Shane Doan don't do that other powerforwards do?

Fight?

This guy steps up. Not sure what else you're looking for. Bodychecking the goalie? Slashing after the whistle?

Please enlighten us.

Archived