The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which prospect has the best chance to crack the Canucks lineup this season?

282 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jensen is probably going to play in the Swedish Elite league this year and Kassian is a graduated prospect. Having said that, Schroeder is going to get a long look at center while Kesler is injured and Connauton will probably get an opportunity unless MG really bulks up the D over the next month.

Schroeder is nowhere near NHL ready.

Sauve is the only rookie that can crack this team's lineup and that is as a fill in.

Jensen received a head injury at the AHL level,there is no way he is ready for playing against men category.

Gaunce is still in diapers.Come on.

Schroeder, because Kassian may need some time in the minors despite his time in the NHL, (he may have been put up too early, but it's not too late, but the camp and preseason will show his readiness). And I chose Schroeder because he probably will get a shot at the second line centre role in Keslers absence for at least a game or two.

That being said, I think Kassian still will be on the team for much, if all of the season, as well, I only chose Schroeder because he probably will automatically get a shot whereas Kassian still needs to fight for his.

I think schroeder deserves a chance on he 2nd in the pre season at least basically because of his on-ice personality.. he's a good two-way guy, skates well and can chip in offensively when it counts.. i just think he's hungry for a chance to eat up some minutes at a higher level and it could pay big dividends if we gave him a shot. If schroeder doesn't perform in the pre season, we have a few options, but we still need some shoring up down the middle for sure, before the season starts.

I think morrison is a FA again this year... but that seems like more of a pipe dream than a reality..

I think Schroeder should be given a chance to play second line center because his game have improved in the AHL. Also he is playing more defensively similar to Kesler's style of play. I believe that Jensen should be given a chance to play as a second line winger because he has shown what he can bring to the team which is scoring. Playing along side a playmaking center like Schroeder would help him develope into better player. Kassian will remain on the team if he plays physical and create scoring chances

I want to apologize for any grammer mistakes this might contain.

Schroeder is not NHL ready, he's barely having great success in the AHL. I would like to see Jensen start the season on the team. He was hands-down our best prospect last season in the prospect tournament, has a big frame, is developing his skillset and dominated the AHL with 4 goals in 6 playoff games. This guy is ready, and is built for the NHL and playoffs unlike Schroeder.

Sedin - Sedin - Booth

Burrows - Lapierre - Higgins

Jensen - Malhotra - Hansen

Raymond - Ebbett - Kassian

Good mix of size, speed and skill on each and every line. No one line has too much speed or too much size, and Jensen gets to be taken under the wing of the veteran Malhotra and fellow Dane Hansen. Meanwhile our 4th line has plenty of speed and skill, but Kassian is there to add a bit of fiestiness. Booth had success with the twins down the stretch, and Burr-Lappy showed lots of chemistry with each other, as did Lappy and Higgins from their Canadien days. The perfect chemistry lineup and Jensen slots in perfectly.

Never mind that Jensen makes his pro debut at the AHL level and suffers a concussion that takes him out of the playoffs entirely.

Canucks management should not ,under any circumstances ,place him even in the AHL.

Going over to Sweden is great as it is more of a skill game and he can play amongst men in a less barbaric style.

That will give his cognitive and mental skills a chance to recover some of what has been damaged.

One more quick,consecutive concussion and it could seriously threaten the rest of his career -or worse.

I voted Schroeder because of the injury of kesler. I think that once kesler is back though schroeder will get sent back down to the AHL, but then the 2013-2014 season he'll definitely play a full season. I would have voted lack, but the uncertainty of next year for him changed my mind on that

With kesler starting the season injured, Schroeder has the best chance. It'd his time to step up and make the big club. We need him too! If not for kesler's injury I'd say Jensen. To me kassian isn't really a prospect since he has played parts of a season in the NHL and I fully expect him to play with Vancouver this coming year.

Archived