The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

02-03 Season Review Vids

nucklehead2

Found this Season review on youtube and thought it was pretty cool. Nice too see the Westcoast Express in its prime. I found it interesting how even in the "trap" era how the scores were so high and lopsided.... Funny how the game has changed but we still have alot of similar problems. There are links too some other great series on youtube as well. Anyways enjoy!

Also threw in the 94 game 7 against the Flames- Who doesn't remember Pavels OT Classic Winner?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bguCQKngvKo&feature=related

Dude, these video's are insane. I watched em' the other night for the first time, and i genuinely shed a tear when daniel banks the puck of the nets to himself and scores. Jim hughson's call on that basically sent me into hysterics. The way he says "BEUTY" just got me.. My buddy was at that game and never fails to remind me. What i would have given to see that live.. UGH

Naslund in his prime was just the best sniper in the league. One of the best players at the time. You have to wonder, what would he be like now and what would he earn now if he was in his prime. If I'm not mistaken he had a $6M contract, easily $8-10M these days with GM's thinking, 'How can we get a good headline out of a signing we do....I know, lets pay players outrageous amount of money for 15 years, even though they will only be in their prime for another 7'

It was always a shame though, that the WCE was on it's decline just as the Sedins were on the rise. Imagine having both in their prime right now:

Sedin-Burrows

Naslund-Morrison-Bertuzzi

Burrows-Kesler-Higgins

Insane depth for our top 9. Although could be seen as a little soft we would have big bert. He doesn't take sh1t from no one. Miss those old days at times :(

Oh why do u have to remind of that season. I remember how it ended and it took me so long to get over it. It was heart breaking when we lost to the wild. We were the best team left in the playoffs and blew it against minny. 3-1 series lead m a 2-0 game 7 lead all evaporated. I was so depressed

Naslund in his prime was just the best sniper in the league. One of the best players at the time. You have to wonder, what would he be like now and what would he earn now if he was in his prime. If I'm not mistaken he had a $6M contract, easily $8-10M these days with GM's thinking, 'How can we get a good headline out of a signing we do....I know, lets pay players outrageous amount of money for 15 years, even though they will only be in their prime for another 7'

It was always a shame though, that the WCE was on it's decline just as the Sedins were on the rise. Imagine having both in their prime right now:

Sedin-Burrows

Naslund-Morrison-Bertuzzi

Burrows-Kesler-Higgins

Insane depth for our top 9. Although could be seen as a little soft we would have big bert. He doesn't take sh1t from no one. Miss those old days at times :(

Dude, these video's are insane. I watched em' the other night for the first time, and i genuinely shed a tear when daniel banks the puck of the nets to himself and scores. Jim hughson's call on that basically sent me into hysterics. The way he says "BEUTY" just got me.. My buddy was at that game and never fails to remind me. What i would have given to see that live.. UGH

Archived